Which injectors for upgrade and when to install?

g60leigh

Reaction score
I'm in the slow progress of getting parts ready for next stage of upgrades.

I currently have
Miltek cat back
Relentless mani, downpipe & 200 cell cat (getting fitted soon)
Revo map
B5 Tip with heat shield and JR Filter
Forge 008 DV
IE rifle drilled rods (not yet fitted)
AH fabs fmic.

I am thinking of going down the hybrid route as not chasing massive bhp figures. Just trying to uprate on a tight budget
So to spread the cost I'm picking parts up as and when.

So basically I would like to know which injectors are suitable so I can keep my eye out for bargains.

I have searched a bit on here and the popular choice is Bosch 550cc
Can anyone tell me any cars these are standard fit on or alternatives?

And finally am I right in thinking these are not to be fitted until hybrid and custom map is done or can they be fit sooner and ecu will adapt itself for them?

Thanks.

I use genesis ones...and they are fantastic with my stage 3 hybrid.

Is it best to stick to 550 or go bigger and have map set up to suit so they are under less load.

550cc Bosch EV14's but no need to fit them unless your spec is as high as Westy's or you have a hybrid... std S3 injectors max out around the 280hp mark with a little head room... if going hybrid then you will need to leave N75 electrically unplugged and injectors off and leave it to the tuner to fit...

ECU will adapt out fuelling excess from the 550's but it will not be ideal so best not to fit them at all until the car is parked at the tuners..

<tuffty/>

Are the Bosch 550 just an aftermarket option or are they standard fit on other cars?

Still gotta research hybrids some more yet. But no doubt a search will reveal loads.

Not sure what they are fitted too... 550's are plenty for a hybrid and the Bosch EV14's have a very good spray pattern and atomisation so work very well... proven in many installs and plenty of maps tuned to run them so known setup data...

Other injectors are available but would take longer to map in perfect...

<tuffty/>

Bosch EV14's are supposed to have a better spray pattern than genesis ones... Bosch are a more up to date and mdern injector.. genesis have been around a while... unless you get them for a barg price I would stick to the bosch personally

<tuffty/>

Bosch EV14's are supposed to have a better spray pattern than genesis ones... Bosch are a more up to date and mdern injector.. genesis have been around a while... unless you get them for a barg price I would stick to the bosch personally

<tuffty/>
They are exactly the same injector just marketed in another name.... ;)