1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which induction kit?

wightman Oct 24, 2006

1. wightman

wightman Member

As some already know im after a re-map, but now im thinking to hold back and get an induction kit and maybe a system (de-cat)back before i do, to get the best out of the re-map at the time, so whats the general norm with induction kits? do peeps on here have them, if so what make? ive seen the average , Kn57i for around £90 , jetex do one for £72 , also a few pics would be nice so i can see what the crack is with the location of it.

any help:think:

cheers
    chris:rockwoot:

2. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

You will only gain noise from an induction kit,standard airbox can be modified to flow better with a larger pipe feed.Exhausts on s3's are good to start with,a3's benefit from having the front pipe and cat as well,not much gains from a cat back alone.If you decat then you will have problems with imissions,lamda faults etc.

3. wightman

wightman Member

Yeah thats what i thought about power gains , i would like a bit of noise tho, as for the zorst, could the lamda not be put in the same place? if a bespoke system was made? and as for emissions :whistle2:

4. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

It depends if your car has a twin lambda set up,ifit has you will need a cat of sorts.

5. wightman

wightman Member

ah i see now

6. rich1068

rich1068 Member

ABD LAN and a big eff off Green cone filter.

Makes you car sound like Darth Vader with a cold (in a good way :o.k: )

Little or no effect on performance though.

7. Quattro_Lew

Quattro_Lew All Torque

why not try out Jabbas induction kit? proven 4-6bhp gains

8. wightman

wightman Member

who sells the jabba kit then?

9. Quattro_Lew

Quattro_Lew All Torque

10. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

Lol, 'proven gains' heeeh!!

11. Quattro_Lew

Quattro_Lew All Torque

shhhhh ;)

12. I didn't log it with VagCom, but I tried the stock airbox, a big K&N and no filter at all. I couldn't spot any performance difference. It only makes a difference to the sound, as others say.
    One good thing about more induction noise, is you can spot a dodgy DV easier.

13. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

14. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

The BMC CDA makes a great noise. Cheaper than the Jabba kit too.