Which Fuse for interior lights?

dhillon884

Reaction score
Hey,

All interior lights are not working on my B6 Cabriolet... That includes the driver and passenger sun visor mirror lights as well as the normal lights which are supposed to come on when you turn the engine off or unlock the doors...

I got the fuse box case to show me the whereabouts but I am non the wiser...

Any ideas??

All interior light power comes through the the "Convenience module / Comfort System Central Control Module J393" - check those fuses which are labelled accordingly in the fuse box
- there are a number indicated in the circuits, i.e. S2(small Fuse 2), S22(small Fuse 22), S223 (Large Fuse 23), S224 (Large Fuse 24), S238 (Large Fuse 38)

thanks,

yh i have located a blown comfort system fuse.... will change it later.. i'm pretty suprised i have been tesco and wilko this morning and neither of them sell fuses :S.

Do you know if there is more than one fuse that contols the heated seating then? they havent worked since i had the car last year and the fuse for heated seats is fine!!

Do you know if there is more than one fuse that contols the heated seating then? they havent worked since i had the car last year and the fuse for heated seats is fine!!

S244 = Large 30A Fuse 44 which is a supply to the A/C unit where heated seats art controlled from.
Should also check cable connection under the seats - make sure they are all secure and plugged in.

Yea, I have checked that fuse...

Anyway, back to the interior lights... I located fuse 36 (I think) which controlled the lights and replaced it, they worked for 5 min and then blew again... so i put in a 20A instead of the 15A and it blew again this morning. Now i've put in a 30A, which of course makes the lights dimmer, just until I find a solution... What could cause the fuses to blow???

The fuse is blowing because there is a problem in the wiring or a component.
Increasing the fuse size simply introduces the probability of your car bursting into flames - fuses are there for a reason - to protect the wires and components!
If it's an original rated 15A fuse and you are now using a 30A fuse you could be damaging the wires, which will in a short time melt breaking down the insulation and then causing even more shorts and expensive damage.

Get a VAG-COM scan ASAP as most shorts (your problem I think) or open circuit problems are indicated in the DTC error log.

Your problem could be something as simple as a blown or shorted bulb causing the problem - you could take all the bulbs out inside the car, test them and reinsert one at a time.

If you want to turn your car into a Barbecue then a rusty nail is better than a 30A fuse.

omg thanks

I ran down and took it out... thank you!!

I will get my cousins Snap On MODIS onto it when I see him next... the only thing I can say is that the glovebox light is out, but it has been for months now, and this only happened 2 days ago...

I'll check the other fuses which you mentioned incase it may help!!