Which engine??

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
:wtf:This is a probably a real stupid question... Is my engine a 1.8i Turbo? I'm ordering a k+n induction kit from Demon Tweeks but on the engine listings thats what comes up... Is the i injection and does my car have it?
Sorry but i know as much about engines as i do about goats

if so dont get a K&N, unless you have a spare MAF

'Injection' applies to nearly all modern cars.. it means the fuel is injected into the engine through injectors controlled by the cars ECU.
Unlike older cars with carburettors controlling fuelling.

Yes it will be mate, the part number I had for my old 1.8 T Sport was 57-0282 if that helps.

if so dont get a K&N, unless you have a spare MAF
Well someone else on here has been running one for two and a half years now with no problems at all..... If they caused damage to our engines then surely they wouldn't be made

Well someone else on here has been running one for two and a half years now with no problems at all..... If they caused damage to our engines then surely they wouldn't be made

Floyd, folk can only advice you, whether you heed advice is entirely up to you.

I'm in the VAG motor trade, and I remove more induction kits, than I fit.
I also have, at last count, 13 MAF's that have failed, due to induction kits.

It's your call.

But dont let it put you off.....I've been running a K&N induction kit for over 2.5 years and not had to change my MAF once. As Siena said though, people can only give you advice and you make up your own mind :icon_thumright:

lots of people have had issues, just search the UK and US forums. plenty of people use them without problems, they either use less oil or have been lucky. plenty of no oiled versions out there if you want a CAI kit...why risk something that we know can cause problems

If somebody can suggest a decent non oiled filter that doesn't cost an arm and left ******* I'm all ears. Paying £120+ for an air filter is out the question for me, the wife would not be impressed one little bit.