Which engine???

How do u mean?

Try and test drive the car you think you will purchase for as long as possible, half a day would be useful and then at least an hour with your second choice. You are then unlikely to make a mistake. If a dealer proves unhelpful, then approach another. If you have owned an Audi before they should support your request. When I test drove a Lexus for the first time they were happy to let me drive it for a whole day!

Try and test drive the car you think you will purchase for as long as possible, half a day would be useful and then at least an hour with your second choice. You are then unlikely to make a mistake. If a dealer proves unhelpful, then approach another. If you have owned an Audi before they should support your request. When I test drove a Lexus for the first time they were happy to let me drive it for a whole day!

I had one overnight!...though it was the A1...I knew within 2 minutes it wasn't for me and then had to drive it for a day/night/morning...should have just turned around at the nearest roundabout...(which was 2 minutes away as it happens)

The OP will be happy with either engine...win/win...there will be times with either car that doubts will creep in.....I love mine...mainly because its quiet (came from a 2.0tdi)...but that's not to say I won't end up in a diesel next time...it's almost a toss of a coin decision (IMO).

In COD we trust.