Which dump valve?

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
I'm after a dump valve for my car, want one that i can hear but not a real loud RS turbo type one, believe these are called atmospheric??
Any suggestions??

You should only put a re-circlating diverter valve on. The vent to atmosphire cause running issues and offer a reduction in performance.

The APR R1 is a good quality diverter suitable for your 1.8 T.

I currently have a the Forge Split R valve but am undecided about it. Would be interesting to hear what people have to say about them?

if you want atmospheric, give bailey motorsport a ring they can supply you one with the right fitting kit for the 1.8t, was running one on mine for 3 years no isues, its still on the car but I dont own the car anymore...
ive gone s4 now:s4addict:

I have a Baily recirculating valve and it work well.

I've got an atmospheric Bailey 'dump valve' floating around if you want it but to be honest you'll get bored of the constant tooooosssshhh sound after a week or so. I really wouldn't bother.

Get a forge diverter valve I think.

Because our cars run a MAF sensor the whole system needs to be a closed air system. So running an atmos dump valve means there is air going "missing" from the system, therefore readings on the MAF will be messed up and could cause fuelling problems. So it's not advised to run one, however I believe some people run them, but not sure what sort of issues are brought up. Should be some threads on here on the same subject, I know I read quite a few indepth discussions over on Audizine.

i run a forge and a after market air filter. dont get the ttsssshhh but you get a nice waistegate chatter!

the atmospheric ones do cause bother, I have switched back to re-circ

I like my car to idle ! :thumbsup:

Ok, Thanks to everyone who answered... much appreciated. Will i get any more/different sounds from a re-circ diverter valve and what benefits would i recieve from fitting one?

i run a forge and a after market air filter. dont get the ttsssshhh but you get a nice waistegate chatter!

how come you get a chatter?i have forge splitter valve and i get ttsssshh sound, but when i put a cone filter on it still only makes tssshh, is it something to do with turning the dump valve round?

i got bmc induction kit and forge 007 valve and i get i nice but not loud woosh noise

Cool, thanks for that chaps. Could do with an induction kit too... need to hear some more aggresive sounds coming from the bay!

Any one have any comments about the forge splitter R diverter valve? Ones being sold on here, just wanna know if its worth buying?

how come you get a chatter?i have forge splitter valve and i get ttsssshh sound, but when i put a cone filter on it still only makes tssshh, is it something to do with turning the dump valve round?

Wastegate chatter doesn't exist the audible chatter is nothing more than the compressed air being forced backwards through the turbo whilst the blades are still trying to compress air when the throttle butterfly is closed.

A couple of quick videos of chatter taken from my Fiesta RS Turbo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=baUEBAKw5vQ
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ts6_ZCjtLUQ

RS Turbo's do not need dumpvalves to operate safelt but our A4's do due to running a MAF based engine management system. If you shut the throttle and force air the wrong way the MAF has the air passed across it and can't distinguish the direction and over fueling occurs. I've also been told the K03/K03s turbo's are a bit more brittle than the Garett items used by Ford but don't know hoe true this is. I know my other RS runs at 25psi of boost and runs no dumpvalve at all and hasn't for years

P.S. <y Forge valve makes a funny ptsh ping noise:think:

My re-cerc is installed the correct way round, and the chatter only appeared after fitting the after market air filter. its loud, and it sounds naughty!!! before fitting this we tryed fitting it the wrong way, and trying the block off trick and the car ran like ****. the Chatter was horrendusly loud and did sound good but as said the car ran like ****.
the chatter i have now sounds different to the sound made with the air being rammed throught the turbo the wrong way, what ever is causing it, its sonds very nice and the car is running 12psi lovley with no bother.

For the record i tryed a bailey atmous dumper and as said above by others, the car lost perfomance and ran like a dog. Re-circ FTW.

What diverter valve and air filter are you running then? Sounds like you've got what i want! Have a look at my other thread...thats the induction kit i'm thinking of getting, what do you reckon mate?

Wastegate chatter doesn't exist the audible chatter is nothing more than the compressed air being forced backwards through the turbo whilst the blades are still trying to compress air when the throttle butterfly is closed.

A couple of quick videos of chatter taken from my Fiesta RS Turbo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=baUEBAKw5vQ
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ts6_ZCjtLUQ

RS Turbo's do not need dumpvalves to operate safelt but our A4's do due to running a MAF based engine management system. If you shut the throttle and force air the wrong way the MAF has the air passed across it and can't distinguish the direction and over fueling occurs. I've also been told the K03/K03s turbo's are a bit more brittle than the Garett items used by Ford but don't know hoe true this is. I know my other RS runs at 25psi of boost and runs no dumpvalve at all and hasn't for years

P.S. <y Forge valve makes a funny ptsh ping noise:think:

i love the sound that makes.

so is it possible to get mine to make the chatter noise instead?