Which Cordless Impact Wrench is good?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
I've got a Snap-On 1/2 drive battery impact gun and it's epic!
Never short of power, never breaks, battery life is good.

You get what you pay for with these things...having tried cheap stuff, the Snap-On is in a different league!

Get the halfords jobby, cant remeber how much it was and the neighbours might take the p but at least im not breaking my back getting the nuts off

Defratos said:
Hey there Ess, cheers for the reply mate, Just wondering could you tell me is yours the "1/2" Drive Impact Wrench", "Heavy Duty wrench" or "Super Duty"? and did you order it from Snap-on in the USA?

I got mine from the local Snap-On tools man...it was on offer as I remember.
Anyway, mine is about 6 years old and never missed a beat despite having some serious abuse.

The new version is this:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=yes&tool=all&item_ID=76616&group_ID=19913&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Intelligent charger, two batteries and a damn good impact gun.
I've never needed more.

I have two, the first one I bought is an SIP, pretty good, still works after about three years abuse and £130ish. Second one is an 18V 1/2" drive Snap On, as Ess_Three says, brilliant and will last for ever but do you really need to spend £400 to take wheels off? I used to work for ADR Motorsports running the official UK works GrpN Evos until last year so you need the best gear you can buy as speed counts in 15 minute service.

well it's $400 so around £265, and I'm splitting the cost with someone. Plus A) If I can get the job done quicker then I'd rather take that route. b) I'm lazy and have back problems so eventually it's either breaking my back or me car (would rather not do either) :beerchug: thanks for the feedback on the product though, know anywhere I can get it from here?

If you're looking for the Snap On one, just look out for your local Snap On man, you'll regularly see them driving about so flag him down. Or you could go to a local garage and ask when he comes there, they have a regular weekly round.

A better way might be to ask the guy to let you know when he gets a trade in as people trade up their 12 or 14 volt items for the 18 and for home use either would be plenty good enough.

Ebay numbers:

Should be enough to keep watching!

rraghvani said:
Funny, I was looking at the same thing last week, and I came across this http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/producttests/65749/impact_wrenches_12v.html - i can’t really afford to pay > £200, so I’m going for the cheaper option and will purchase Clarke CIR-13

Looks interesting, but I'm guessing it won't last long? Got any experience with them? main reason I'm going for snap on is so that I don't have to buy another one for years to come, and from previous experiences from members on here?

Well I suppose it depends on how you use it; never heard of Clarke before; and for £25 can't really complain.

I say get the dearest one going trowl the internet and as soon as you see one that is really expensive BUY IT you will feel so so happy :beerchug: