Which Climate Control Unit?

RustyBucket

Reaction score
I've been experiencing battery drain issues which I thought were connected to my RNSe but I've had that unplugged while I've been away for a week and come back to a dead battery again :-(

Following another avenue has indicated that this could be down to the climate control unit that's gone up the spout, I will pull fuses to try and nail it down later and I've not yet removed the unit to check the model on the label but a scan is showing it as a 8P0 820 043 AG (it's the model with heated front seats). I've seen a replacement unit on eBay 8P0 820 043 Q (nothing with same serial currently in the car) that looks the same but wondering if these units are interchangeable at all?
Cheers

Any ideas on this one? Thought you retrofit guys might have an idea :)
They usually are interchangeable ie the electrics etc but you might find difficulties with the surround(might need trimming to fit)

Thanks for the reply, I've done a fair amount of looking and in particular http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-...tioning-system-climatronic/#p-aud-8p0820043ad which lists all the different part numbers. Comparing the 'AD' variant to the 'Q' seems to suggest that the size is the same but I don't understand what all the other numbers mean e.g. 7Q0+8AY,8UM,; 8YN,8YR,8AY.

Can anyone shed any light?

Screen Shot 2015 08 03 at 210752

The later double dins are all the same size.afaik other than the last letters that I think mean heated seats.
Only the different upgrades used from the Q3 need trimming and coding changes.
I cant see why another heated seat one would not work.
Ive got one here from an S3 Dec 2010.

Thanks for the info but the problems been resolved...................the bluetooth module had gone up the spout! Unplugged it and saw the drain reduce from 3.1A to 50mA so unit has been replaced and fingers crossed that should be the end of that problem for now :)

Older BT units have been known to cause this tbh, glad found & resolved & as for climate units, post 07 are not same as pre 07, you cant mix & match as different motor/cam mechanics with different wiring & sensors.