Which bulbs?

07audi

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im thinking of replacing my rear numberplate lightbulbs and interior lightbulbs for a whiter bulb. What type of bulb will I need to get?

I am also looking at buying some HIDs/Xenons. What temperature would give a white light? Also what bulb type would I be looking at? 35w/55w?

Thanks for any help guys! :thumbsup:

For the number plates, you can get complete replacement units for £30. These shouldn't cause any DIS warnings as just changing the bulbs would do, and are super bright. eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Those lights produce a 6000k colour light, which is the whitest light you can get, with just a hint of blue occasionally.

As for HIDs/Xenons, only go with OEM lights for them, as a HID kit in your non-projector halogens will spread the beam all over the place and blind all oncoming drivers.

As for colour, again 6000k is pure white, but if you want the OEM look, 4300k is what your looking for.

agree'd with above but you can put a HID kit in your standard halogen headlights, I have them in mine, so had unikarl and Chin to name a few. mine has past its MOT when checked for beam and I never ge flashed by anyone. they are a big improvement over standard too, i went for an 8000k kit which is a bit blue and if i were to do it again i'd get 6000k as its more white and looks less like an aftermarket kit.

£30 for numberplate lights? Is there any cheaper alternatives to this?

Also is there a specific type of bulb i am looking for when looking for HIDs? Are there any sites anyone would suggest? Ive heard that I need to remove the front bumper to get to the light cluster, true?

Not to fit HIDs, go into the project pages, find one called Chins S-line content and on the first page is an eBay link to the HIDs you want.

There really easy to fit, remove airbox and whatever is behind the passenger side h/l (I can't remember) and you'll be able to get in.

Come with instruction anyway. Get H7 short bulbs.

It doesn't say canbus does it? They won't work unfortunately lads.