Which battery would be best ?

allyp

Reaction score
Hi all ive got a flat battery today so any advice on which brand or are the audis not fussy ,halfords any good?its the 3.0 v6 if that helps cheers ally

dont think it matters now days they all mostly come with the same warrnty just get the biggist your money can mate ;-)

Thanks Simon just looking at the costs if i can get my car going argghhh

Thanks they ain't cheap are they lol

Would go for a Bosch Battery - find your nearest "German & Swedish" trade counter.

Not sure there is one in aberdeen away for a look thanks

Which car is this for? Each model if different: here's the LINK for the thread on my battery probs on my 2.5TDI quattro.

Just call up GSF: they can advise... and there's normally stores everywhere.

Try to get the right one for your car: e.g. I'm pretty sure that a 2.5TDI needs a higher spec than a 3.0 Petrol (tbh, with the way diesels are, the 1.9TDI probably needs more than an S4!).

Here's my notes from my 2.5TDI:
There's a variety of Bosch batteries, from the fitting guide above, it looks like there's these three that are suitable, not sure which one is the "Silvertop":
95Ah 850CCA model S6 002
100Ah 830CCA model S5 013
74Ah 680CCA model S4 008

I'd prefer the Ah's, rather than the CCA's

I'll check which one of those Bosch's GSF does for £75-ish... otherwise there's the Varta H3 for £100-ish...

The link before to eBay looks like the Varta version ofthe "Bosch S5 013" is a "VARTA H3 (019/017)"

I seem to remember the cheapest one for my V6 TDI was about £75 + VAT, but the top spec Bosch one with about 25% more AH's was about £86+VAT... as far as I'm concerned, that's £20(+VAT) extra well spent!

Thanks m8 ended up with a 640amp one after calling the aa out its a unipart one 3 year no quibble guarantee for it 100 it cost fitted