1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which alloys n springs to get

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MJL1, Jun 9, 2009.

1. MJL1

MJL1 New Member

:uhm:hi guys im new to the forum, jst turned 18 n got myself a audi a3 last week cant b bothered waiting to change the alloys gt a bit of cash left n wanasplash out on sum alloys n springs then ill be skint but hopefully worth it! i was thinking RS6 alloys 18" not sure on the springs though any ideas?????
    Thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. just017

just017 Member

Not sure on the springs as havn't changed mine, but i'd go 18" new RS4 or new RS6 reps. I like both but decided myself i prefer the RS4's so got mine yesterday and really chuffed.
    If i was you i'd get wheels and a remap instead of springs. Unless your really going to use the springs to their best use (track days) i think a remap would be money better spent.

4. S3-Dan

S3-Dan Quattro

5. gixxer600k4

gixxer600k4 Member

remap will be a good idea depending upon car, if you have a non turbo than a remap will be a bigger waste of money, also your insurance will rocket when they know you have remapped it.

i have the rs6 reps and i cant be happier, i think they suit the car much more than any other alloy, or even the new rs6 alloys, also, someone on here had fitted the a5 5 spoke alloys, the pic is on the a3 pics bit.

for springs, it really depends on what ur after, if you want to keep a good ride, gor for eibachs 30mm or the H&R 35mm or the eibachs 40/50mm or H&R 50 mm

6. just017

just017 Member

They wont;)

I doubt if you crashed the software on the ECU would ever get 'scanned' to see if it was different to OEM.

7. gixxer600k4

gixxer600k4 Member

true, but i would hate it if they ever just randomly checked it. i suppose you could play dumb and pretend the previous owner had done it, and hope that they will feel sorry for you.......... what am i saying, insurance companies feeling sorry for us. silly me! lol