Which A6 Avant ???

ChuckH

Reaction score
Gents Ive put My A4 avant up for sale as I need a larger car. Im looking at Audi A6 Avants . I would appreciate any input on the 2.7 and 3.0 diesels As Im concerned that the 2.0 diesel will be a bit underpowered ???! Also My outgoing A4 Avant is an S line with the firmer suspension And Im wondering if the A6 S line is as hard a ride as the A4 is ? Im drawn towards the 3.0 Le Mans spec cars but Im just a bit worried about the ride quality ??. Will it be as stiff as an A4 or a little softer as the A6 is a fair bit bigger and heavier ? Thanks !! ..........................:thumb:

I'd just go for the 3.0 version, it will be quicker, and the A6 is most definitely a heavy beast, unless mpg is a priority. I'm sure a nice remap on the 2.0 version would be reasonably nippy if you felt it was underpowered out the box.

tried to convince the wife she wants a A6 but she won`t have it lol. Think the 2.0 would be a little slow tbh but best way is to try a few out.

I think some of the 2.0's are 170bhp aren't they? So I can't see they would be hugely underpowered in all honesty.

Drove both the 2.7 and 3.0 Today And the 3.0 absolutely craps on the 2.7 !! The SE is a magic carpet ride The Le Mans is also very good !!......
thumb.gif

Drove both the 2.7 and 3.0 Today And the 3.0 absolutely craps on the 2.7 !! The SE is a magic carpet ride The Le Mans is also very good !!......
thumb.gif

Good stuff, I think it was also mentioned that the 3.0 TDI unit runs a camchain instead of a cambelt, so less maintenance in the long run. :)

I would of said 3.0 too. Its quite a bit faster and if I remember rightly its lower emissions than the 2.7?!

I had a 2.0TDI S-line A6 Avant as courtesy car last time mine went in for service and it was comfy, no complaints with the suspension but it was frustratingly slow. Its a big old car thats for sure!