Which A3?

woaps

Reaction score
Hi All

Just joined and enjoyed reading some of the comments. Similar questions to an earlier post but I've had a second hand A3 1.8 sport for a few years now and really enjoyed it. So what do I buy next? Looking at the A3 1.8T sport and the 1.8T quattro sport. I know the quattro has more power but I guess the increase in weight doesn't give it much better stats? Any thoughts on which one to go for? Also considering the new A3. Can't afford the 3.2 and think the 2.0 is a little underpowered compared to the 1.8T. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

S3 (in silver of coures!) with as many extras as you can find, full main dealer service history and low milage, between 2 to 3 years old, don't settle for second best! Nuff said! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

If you are considering a new A3 or the 1.8TQ then I'd suggest a look at the S3 as BeemerBeater says.

For me I'm not a great fan of Quattro, so I'll keep my FWD A3T thankyou, however the S3 finishing touches do make a tempting package.

On performance I can safely say a Quattro car will win off of the line to a similarly powered FWD car, but once up to speed the FWD car takes over. I've been up against a chipped S3 and can pull away once on the move, this was without restriction on speed and with open Autobahn. For me I prefer the handling of the FWD to the Quattro and feel it makes me work harder behind the wheel due to the fact I have no assistance with power delivery.

Having said the above, in the wet the TQ or S3 are streets ahead.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Gambba's got a point, but common sense goes right out the window the first few times you manage to get some 4 whell drift going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif