Where's the pollen filter? a picture would be good??

Piece of cake. It's behind the bulkhead on the passenger side, accessible from under the bonnet.

Open the bonnet, remove the rubber strip that runs along the first bulkhead, and then ease out the flat plastic panel that covers the battery, wiper motor, brake reservoir etc.

On the right hand side of the battery, you'll see a another moulded cover, about nine inches wide & six inches deep, held in place by two clips. It also has a small piece of piping running across the top of it. Release the piping, unclip the panel & tease it out of its location. Hey presto! One pollen filter!

If you're thinking of replacing it, try cleaning it first, save yourself £26, as per the following:

. How to clean a pollen filter

An added bonus is that the fresh smell of Bold Automatic now wafts through the car, LOL!

Never thought about washing a pollen filter.

And I thought I was tight..................................

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And I thought I was tight..................................

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not tight, just don't like giving money to Audi dealers if I really don't have to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dunno mate I have a different engine to you, but surely it can't be THAT hard to find can it?? Failing that I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Hi all

Here are some pics...must add that they are not the best as it is ******* up here at the moment and i was taking them in the rain.

Open bonnet and remove the plastic housing at the back of your car(if you have one)...this should expose the battery.

[img=http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2283/pics12072009173lj0.th.jpg]
pic before housing is removed.

Next picture is with the housing removed and my hand is pointing to the plastic casing that the pollen filter is in.....
[img=http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4267/pics12072009174yn7.th.jpg]

There is a plastic pipe that comes from the positive side of your battery and goes threw to metal clips on the casing of the pollen filter,carefully remove from the clips and position under the pollen filter housing.On the filter housing the is 2 plastic clips with arrows on them, pull upward as the arrow suggests and by pulling towards you the housing should come straight out, you should now see the pollen filter, it will look grey/black ish depending on how long its been in there.lift out and note on the front edge of the filter the arrow denoting air flow, replace filter with arrows pointing same direction(down).
I get mine from vagparts.com about £10 ish/+vat and delivery.
Hope this helps folks and sorry for the bad pics.

Cheers J