Where's the driver Recaro up/down microswitch?

Bad Sir Culation

Reaction score
I've read something about someone getting their up/down adjustment working by wiggling the plunger on their microswitch, as it was stuck down.

Where the heck is it?!

If you're sitting in the seat, it's about where your hip is, but obviously underneath the seat.

It's actually quite difficult to see with the seat all the way down.

Look for a plastic square block, only about 5-10mm, and it has a rubber covered micro switch in it.

Easiest way to access it is to undo the two bolts the heads of which face the pedals, accessible from the footwell. Carefully lift the seat up from the front and disconnect the wiring, then it's easier to see.

Be careful undoing the yellow connector as that's the airbag, so make sure the key isn't in the ignition etc.

edit; should have said, your right hip, so right hand side of the seat as you sit in it!

Last edited:
Is your seat in max up or down? If its up then lucky you. Mine was down and it was a nightmare!!
I fixed mine (luckily and patiently). Without removing the seat. There are 2 micro switches.one to stop going up and one down.

The best thing to do is lift your working seat all the way up you will see them easily. They are in the same spot on each seat. As soon as i touched the micro switch it worked.

Dammit. Well you really are going to struggle im sorry to say. Every other switch work? Not a fuse or something? The one you need will be on the left hand side of the seat as you sit in it. Its easier to see from the front so slide it back as far as posible. There is a plastic trim on the side by the handbrake etc. I believe its under there. Its a white and blue nipple. Being stuck down is so much worse.ill try to get pics tomoz for you. And then ill try to learn how to post pics afterwards lol.

The other switch is on the right and easier to view from the rear incase anyone elses seat gets stuck up rather than down

Yeh. They are designed to stop power to the motor on its highest and lowest position. So on the way up a microswitch is compressed and kills power to that switch but leaves the power on to to the downward switch. The problem is the micrswitch tends to stick shut. So although its safe to go down the switch is shut not allowing it to. (Or the other way around)
Im hoping this makes sense.
Just think and look at it logically. Find the base bars which are fixed to the floor. Then theres some bars that rise from them to lift you. Look at the seat and if at any point its close to touching the floor its stuck down.
Looking underneath the seat when its up is pretty obvious its up. Lots of room compared to no room

Shame your not local id be happy to help. Its tricky but once you spot them its obvious.one will be compressed and one wont be. You need to free the switch on the one that isnt compressed.
I will get you pictures either today or tomorrow. I was ntending to post my fix anyhow.

Reactions: s3dave
Ive had a manic weekend iwill defo do this for you but havent had chance. Do not let me forget!! If you know where they are its easy. Ill do it asap.

Dont panic i havent forgotten. Im taking my seats out the car this weekend so perfect time for pics!!
Try this first tho.
You say both are stuck down so go to the passanger seat, there is a plastic trim down the side of the seatwhere the buttons are. If you look for 2 scres under the seat at the front that go into that trim holding it on. Remove the screws and this gives you the ability to pull the trim away a bit(dont pull too hard and break it)
The micraswitch u needis behind that trim. Very easy to spot if u pull the trim away.
Its a phillips screw not a pozi be careful not to damage the head.
Pics will follow!!

It will take u 10 mins to try this. You will know when you see it. It has a blue and white nipple on it.

I had a look earlier, but didn't see the screws. It was a very brief look though. I realised the passenger seat is fine, it's just the driver's that doesn't work. No idea why I thought they were both dead. Too much on my plate recently!

I have my passanger seat out now. But drivers seat is still in. I will sort pics for you. I think for you seeing its drivers seat stuck down rather than up you may need to remove it. Very tight for space. I havent forgotten i will do this!!
Your passanger seat works ok doesnt it?

Just looking at this thread as my drivers seat is stuck, did you by any chance forget daz-20vt?

it would seem so wouldnt it.
i have the pics on my phone as it happens!
you have this issue

right so im going to do my best here to help locate and identify the micro switches that stop the seats at there lowest and highest positions as not to kill the motors.

symptoms are the seat will not adjust up or down!
this is normally due to one of these micro switchs sticking!
when i did mine all i did was touch it and it freed up jever going wrong again!
so firstly this is what you are looking for

there are 2 per seat

i advise you guys to get your one working seat and jack it all the way up.
the switchs are in the same place on each seat not the reverse!!!
my seat was stuck down (harder than being stuck up as less working/viewing room)

if yours is stuck in the down position you need to source the switch at the front left of the seat

here

not easy to see when stuck down so i removed the front screws holding the plastic cover which exposed the switch with plenty of hand room

these screws the other side of panel at the front

now if you have a driver seat stuck down this may not give you enough room so you will need to remove the front 2 mounting bolts and tip the seat back (probably a good idea anyway)

now for the switch stuck up position.

its located here at the right hand rear of both seats

if stuck up then yipee for you as you have more room to play with!
you can also see it by looking through the gaps in the right hand hinge here

and a pic from under the seat

ok guys its 1.15 am and im doing this on my phone which is not easy!!!
so if its no good ill do some editing asap!!!!
its really not that hard!!!

That is fantastic really appreciate it now ill have breakfast then get cracking.

i hope this helps. its difficult to write these things as i know where and what im looking for,
patients is required sadly lol
just try and remember how the switch works it will help you locate.

Hi, where abouts does the switch attach to as mine is just hanging.

Thanks

After looking at my passenger seat i see that i sits on the rail of the seat. I wanted to add some pictures of the switch while the seat was on hopefully they help.

FullSizeRender 1 FullSizeRender
This is close up under the seat in the car. This is a bit further out and on the right hand side is the handbrake.

Although i found the switch my seat doesn't go up still. is it possible to get a new switch and solder a replacement on?

you know there are 2 right??
was the one you found free?

I did think there is probably 2 of them as that would make sense, yes the one that I found was just hanging free not attached to any of the seat. The 2nd microswitch where abouts is it?

Thanks

right
they are the exact same switch
one is front left one is rear right

which is that one?

did you read my thread everything is in it

Entirely my mistake yes it is all in there and the one I found was the wrong one so ill have another look tomorrow.

When I was looking under my seat I noticed a connector that had nothing plugged into it, could this be the wiring for heated seats?

Thanks again I appreciate the advice and help.

that i dont know mate
i only know the fix because i had to do mine
:(

Hello everyone, if it's not problem to use this thread as i don't want to put another thread about seats wiring.
Well, i found this on the floor mat... it's obvious micro switch atleast part of it...

I tried right after, every adjustable button and they work all fine, except (height up - go up) and after look of under the seat i found pendant wire with some kind of fuse on top of it... it looks like a fuse to me, no idea if actually is.

Any ideas how i can fix this?
And do i need new micro switch?

I think i need new one, but i need to ask... because it's really disappointing things happening one after another for past three months..
I feel like betrayed and overlooked with all the issues i have with the car...
Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    546.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2649.JPG
    IMG_2649.JPG
    557.3 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2652.JPG
    IMG_2652.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 300
Hello everyone, if it's not problem to use this thread as i don't want to put another thread about seats wiring.
Well, i found this on the floor mat... it's obvious micro switch atleast part of it...

I tried right after, every adjustable button and they work all fine, except (height up - go up) and after look of under the seat i found pendant wire with some kind of fuse on top of it... it looks like a fuse to me, no idea if actually is.

Any ideas how i can fix this?
And do i need new micro switch?

I think i need new one, but i need to ask... because it's really disappointing things happening one after another for past three months..
I feel like betrayed and overlooked with all the issues i have with the car...
Thank you!
I have the same issue. It fell apart. Did you figure how it goes back together?

I put the metal back in the piece so it's constantly bridged and the seats work absolutely fine.

It broke off the inside seat by accident when I pulled another wire so I just tucked it away inside the seat.

Are there any complications that may occur? Like I said the seats work fine. I know it's a kill switch of some kind but the seats do work.

Concerned it might break the switch.. this would be the left side not the right on the driver's seat.