Wheres the cheapest place for genuine vag parts?

andybnwc

Reaction score
Need a few bits for the S4 i used to use vag parts alot but not sure who to use. GSF and Euro say dealer only for the parts i need . I need tranny mount brackets both sides which bolt upto the tranny and a couple of pipes.

I used the tps a few times for a few things but gsf were cheaper but with these parts being a bit obscure its worth a go, audi at manchester used to give 10% off , i really need to get my **** in gear and get it back on the road for summer

first you need to try and find out who actually makes the part and go from there

once you know the brand, you can find where else supplies it and go shopping

in some instances you cant find out at all or its dealer only, then you have to go to the dealer

It is audi parts its just who will give the biggest discount really

i got lots of mine from VW. in on a first name basis with them

My local VW dealer is fine, unless they're Audi only parts.

A lot of stuff crosses over onto the passat or golf platforms for instance, but when it doesnt they cant order it.

Ordered some bits last week, rear diff seal, driveshaft bolts and diff drainplug were all fine, but the bolts that hold the rear caliper on were Audi only.

Do you find that Audi charge more for the same part than VW ?
The pinch bolt & nut I got from my local VW place was only £3, I could have gone 200 yrds further to the Audi dealer.

No, they charge the same price. The parts come from the same place (i think) and the prices are set by them. For example the same part number would be the same RRP from Audi or VW if both can get them.