Where's S3IZZO went?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a big clean up of users recently, that have been spamming and chatting nothing relevant to the forums, dont know if he has been included in this, although i wouldnt know why, as im sure he was normally 'on topic'

OK well i retract my comment from earlier...

What is going on in here nowadays???

And I lost a load of posts again! I will reach 1000 someday....

i aint saying nothing incase i get banned! but alot of other forums and people are talking about asn and our reputaion is not sounding good. :(

shame i actually thought i would be here forever. no-doubt ill be erased for this comment now. :(

i cant give you specific names of member and forums.... but hey..... look around this forum at the shocked comments skatterd about here and there.

look at those who no longer talk as often but are still members... scared to post??

im saying no more on the matter as i know this will turn into a who said what where war.

I know what you mean, the forum does need to get back to a place where everyone can feel free to say what they think and also what they like and dislike.

Damian @ DPM

i cant give you specific names of member and forums.... but hey..... look around this forum at the shocked comments skatterd about here and there.

look at those who no longer talk as often but are still members... scared to post??

im saying no more on the matter as i know this will turn into a who said what where war.

Crikey, not content with the country being filled with knife welding chavs, the internet is suddenly just as dangerous :p

lol unkle......seems that way hey!??

in short... 1) i aint grassin no forums/members up
2)it seems alot of ASN members are havin issues with managment
3)the latter is rubbing off on ASN`s reputation around the net
4)no 1 else on here seems to have to ******** to tell admin these above things are going on and they are ******* alot of loyal everyday ASN members off.

you mite say if they dont like it then they know what to do, but some have not even had the oppertunity to make that choice!

at the end of the day, what admin say goes, and i understand that. but dont you think you have been a little harsh in ya clean up??

:respekt:

hang on a minute, he asked for his account to be deleted

I asked him is there were any problems and he said he wanted to distance himself from the site. It seems other users, not management were ******* him off.

end of the matter,

So please stop your ******* bitching about management being hard on users and make sure you have the full facts before posting the **** that comes out of your mouth on the forum.

alpinehead you have 611 posts, not exactly an established member of this site are you ? so I don;t think your comments about ASN "rubbing" off on other sites holds much grounds.

Also, the 2-3 bannings I made I have had nothing but praise from well-established users on here thanking me for doing it.

Why is it that a few bannings to make this site a better place and suddenly your all in uproar about management having problems with users and this place is going to the dogs ?

stop making mountains out of molehills please.

Dear Olly_K,

You have received a new private message at Audi-Sport.net from S3IZZO, entitled "Re: Deletion.".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Nothing major, just want to cut my ties with the forum...spend far too much time on here anyway.

Cheers fella.

Jordan

---Quote (Originally by Olly_K)---
Why what's up buddy ?
---Quote (Originally by S3IZZO)---
Hi Olly,

Can you please delete my user account from the forum.

Regards,

Jordan
---End Quote---
---End Quote---

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/private.php

All the best,
Audi-Sport.net

i think you and the other managment members need to communicate. then u mite relise that things have been disscused out side of this thread olly k. co- owner or not... you have no right to talk to people like a c**t!

As said try communication to your other members of staff b4 gettin on your high horse!

P-L-U-SSSSS.... i have been talkin in general in this thread not directly about s3izzo.

whos made mountain out of mole hills here??

I know things have been discussed outside this thread. But I wanted to post to make EVERYONE aware of the situation so it doesn't blow out of proportion

Right folks,

Not wishing to add fuel to the fires here, but just so the other facets of this discussion are in the public domain and people have all the dialogue to ponder...

alpinehead and I (and in turn, myself and other members of the mod/admin group) had been in communication earlier about his 'general' comments on the external feeling toward ASN and the mods/admin thereof. We didn't at any point discuss directly S3IZZO's departure. On that issue I agree with Olly that if S3IZZO was having issues with other members which he couldn't/didn't want to resolve, and subsequently asked for his account to be removed, that's his own choice. I think it's also fair to say that Olly gave him opportunity to air his grievances before his departure.

Anyway, on the more 'general' issue being discussed here, there was the following communication: (NB: I trust alpinehead won't mind this being posted publicly as his comments have now already been echoed in this thread)

FactionOne said:
Thanks for your reply...

alpinehead said:
hi matey.

i understand your concern as i would if i was involved as admin. i cant give you any specific names of forums as im not going to start bitch wars between enthusiasts.

I assure you this is definitely not the case, we certainly wouldn't want to be picking fights with anyone; for starters, that wouldn't rectify anything, and also trying to 'force' people to change their opinions by argument is seldom, if ever, successful. That said though, I can understand your wish to keep such places anonymous.

i would like to say that there are other groups scattered round the web that link there selfs to asn that are passing dissapointed comments about. also are some who have been deleted already, joining other forums explaning why they have left 1 forum to join another.

in short, there is a worry about posting ANYTHING on ASN for fear of being deleted.(as far as people i know off the forum) They are moving to other forums and people ask questions so you do the maths!

what else can i say mate. i joined your forum as it seemed the nicest, non bitch place to be. i would like it if i could remain in that sort of enviroment!!! lol

Here's the thing - as far as I'm aware, a couple of members have been ejected from ASN by admin recently because of their getting a bit over-zealous in posting nonsense to the boards.

I think it's fair to say that none of the admin folks on here are particularly hard-line, a lot of stuff gets a blind-eye turned to it if it's not actually doing any harm. At the same time though, the admin bunch, and some of the longer-standing members alike are noticing that the atmosphere on ASN is being affected recently. It was always that ASN was first and foremost (arguably) the busiest, most knowledgeable resource on the internet for serious Audi enthusiasts. If you wanted assistance with a problem, look at ASN. If you wanted guidance in modifications, look at ASN. Secondly though, ASN was also a place for good clean fun - tight friendships developed, people were generally considerate of each-other, there was a laugh or three to be had; but never going too far and just becoming silly or nonsensical.

That second part is perhaps what's changed a little lately. Of course, the site is always growing, and with so many new members come new attitudes, points of view, and behaviour-sets; none of us are blind to that; and that's fine. After all, it's said that variety is the spice of life.

The problem occurs though, when the good clean fun just becomes nonsense and waffle, wasting site resources, and more importantly users' time and patience in having to sift through reams of rubbish before they find what the site's actually about.

I don't think any of the admin guys/gals would ever wish people to feel censored, or worse, plain scared to post here; but we are just trying to smarten-up again - just a little bit, for the benefit of the majority.

I think it's fair to say that if the boards have content like (for example):

i) Technical information/queries/advice about Audis, VAG vehicles, and cars in general.

ii) A good bit of fun here and there, car related or otherwise (see iii below)

iii) Discussion about more-or-less anything else worth discussing in the numerous General-Chat / Jokes / YouTube etc. forums

...The site admin team are more than happy.

It's just that when we have constant threads popping-up right, left and centre about such burning issues as perhaps 20 pages from a handful of members on 'What I had for breakfast today' or 'How big are your cuticles?' and things like that, people start to feel that the worthwhile content of the site is being diluted - and while a very small number of members might be having a whale of a time, the majority of our (approx) 35,000 membership might be getting a little cheesed-off and thinking that the site is slipping from it's mission to be:

1) The biggest and best Audi enthusiast resource on the net

...and...

2) A place where like-minded folks can have a good laugh together.

Keeping every one of such a large number of people is always going to be a pretty tough job; but it's even harder when we're trying to do it 'softly-softly'.

Honestly, I really think that ASN is far from ruled with an iron-fist; and I really do think (moreover, hope) that we're only coming-down on that tiny fraction of our user-base who need it. As I say, to my knowledge there have only been a couple of members removed for these reasons in recent history. Again, I would sincerely hope that this could be better perceived as admin simply trying to keep ASN on the straight-and-narrow rather than under the kosh.

i will expect to be deleted now! :jester: :)

:undwech:

I sincerely hope that all of what I've had to say above would put to rest any fears you have of that!

Best regards,

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.