Where's Best To Get An Rns-e Mk2 For A4 B7?

Dan_T

Reaction score
I want to swap my Concert II for a Mk2 RNS-E. Where's the best place to get a genuine one?

I know the faceplate needs changing, which I'm happy to attempt but I can't find one anywhere. I see pre-modified ones on eBay but I'm a bit concerned where they come from...

Any help appreciated??

Dan_T

Hi Dan,

I purchased one of the Seat Exeo units from eBay (the seller was toys_for_vw_boys). It arrived promptly via UPS. It was in as new condition and went straight in. I was then able to change the splash screen from Seat to Audi using VCDS.

Obviously I can't comment on the customer service side of things as I've not had any issues. In the worst case scenario I'd have to pay to have it repaired over here if there are any problems.

I am really pleased with the unit, it's a decent upgrade!

Interesting... I noticed they are a straight drop-in but I didn't think I'd be able to change the splash screen. In the docs I've seen there are only splash screen options for audi's and lamborgini... Am I missing a trick? How did you change it?

I briefly had an RNS-E Mk1 in the car and my VCDS wouldn't talk to it. The wires buzzed out to the obd port so I concluded the VCDS adapter was having problems with K2. It talks to various other modules in the car via CAN and K1.

Thanks,

Dan