Where to start!!

Knighty

Reaction score
So i have had my 2010 S3 for about 2 months now and i think its time for a bit more speed!

Where do i begin?

remap, Intake, exhaust??

What do people recomemnd for this first stage?

Attachments

• IMG_6185.jpg
    IMG_6185.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 192
So i have had my 2010 S3 for about 2 months now and i think its time for a bit more speed!

Where do i begin?

remap, Intake, exhaust??

What do people recomemnd for this first stage?

I think the best value is Stg2+,which unfortunately is a bit of a hit all in one go,but will take you as far as you can,without a big turbo.

I found Stg 1,which is just a remp,and wil give about 310bhp was nice,but leaves you wanting a bit more,but will only amount to a few hundred pounds,and gives you an idea of what the S3 can do.
Revo,SHark,APR,AMD and others can all do this.

Stg2 requires a CAI and exhaust to get the best from,and Stg2+ needs an uprated HPFP plus all of the other bits such as exhaust and CAI.

It really depends on how much you want to spend,but the good part is that each stage requires the parts you have from the last,so little is wasted.

Well done on your purchase mate.....you'll love her after shes been tweaked a little.

The majority of people go for Stage 1 first but some do go straight for Stage 2+ or 3 dependant on what company you decide to use for the remapping. I recommend you do a little research in to what you want off a remap as the top companies all differ in the way the power is delivered. Shark, Revo, APR and Bluefin are the most popular with the 8P S3 and most have dealers nationwide.

I am Scotlands only Shark Performance dealer but also have dealerships with Loba, CTS Turbo, Milltek, BCS and many more so if you decide to go for big power in a 1'er I can supply all mods for the S3 to get it to 360bhp+. Your looking at not alot of change from £3.5k to take it to this level but only about £400 for a Stage 1 as no mods needed to run it at this power. Do be aware though that there has been occassions where clutches have failed at Stage 1 so always budget for a new clutch at this stage.

As I said before do a little research into what you want out of the remap as they all differ. There will be the usual this is better than that blah blah blah but ensure you know how each map drives. If you can find anymore S3's in your area to compare then it will make the decision alot easier. If you need any assistance drop me a PM.

Dependant where you are located but a stage 1 remap by a reputable local tuner and V Power fuel will be a good first step. You'll be at 310bhp for a few hundred quid and an S3 that does everything for fast real world driving.

I am based in the Oxfordshire area and have contacted a few of the reputable tuners and they have told me that they recommend a clutch upgrade even with stage 1, which has slightly put me off as it has a cost of over £2000 + for both map and clutch! Just wanna get it mapped and enjoy that as others have highly recommended it! also I only run V Power in the car anyway!

Reactions: Bullys3
I am based in the Oxfordshire area and have contacted a few of the reputable tuners and they have told me that they recommend a clutch upgrade even with stage 1, which has slightly put me off as it has a cost of over £2000 + for both map and clutch! Just wanna get it mapped and enjoy that as others have highly recommended it! also I only run V Power in the car anyway!

The clutch may be Ok at Stg1,and it may not.

As was said above,some people have had clutches slip on Stg1 torque,and mine just about made it to Stg2 before giving up.

Simplest way is to budget for a new clutch,and if you don't need it,you've saved money,but one thing you will find is that few things about tuning the S3 are cheap.

there are plenty of power bits for sale in classifieds right now that could save you a huge amount of money. even saw kw v3 coilies which i would go first...