1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to replace turbo. turbo exchange (Reading) Berkshire

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by markytuck, Nov 7, 2013.

1. markytuck

markytuck New Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Hello,

I need to get my turbo replaced, the "police siren" noise is becoming louder and its really about time I got it fixed.

I have a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 2005 S-Line (remapped stage-1) 140k Miles on the clock

Basically looking for somewhere near Reading (berkshire) where I can have this done.

Had a Quote from MS Auto's already for £790 + vat for a refurbished Garrett completely fitted. Or that + £150 for a new one.

sounds good to me but just wanted to hear some other thoughts.

Regards

Mark
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 7, 2013]
    My mates just about to scrap his Golf TDI that had a new turbo on it.....possibly only 1 month old. Think he was after about £550 for it.
  4. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    midland turbos are very good for turbos .
  5. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    only use brand new genuine turbos on tdis , id use turbo dynamics and get a genuine new one !

you will only have problems if you go for a recon unit !

have a read of this Insist On Genuine Garrett VNT Turbochargers the main problem is setting them up once rebuilt and the fact that genuine parts are not available to rebuild them
    sliced likes this.
  6. markytuck

markytuck New Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Cheers for the feedback, probably give some people a call tomorrow to find out costs etc.

Would the stage 1 remap effect the choice of turbo? I'm assuming not as the stage 1 was designed to be done with standard components.
  7. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Stage 1 map is fine on a stock turbo but as I have stressed I would get a new genuine one over recon as you will only be pulling it out in the near future