1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to plug in my vag com

selv2.8quattro Apr 28, 2009

1. selv2.8quattro

selv2.8quattro New Member

Hi ive just bought my first audi, i youst to have a golf turbo before and to use my vag com was at the bottom centre of the dash, i cant seem to find where i plug it in, in the audi A6, or im just being blind

2. selv2.8quattro

Can anyone answer this

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You only gave us 12 minutes!!

I don't know to be honest, but on the A4's it is either under the rear ashtray or under the steering column.

HTH

4. selv2.8quattro

Cheers ill take a look in the rear, im impatient sorry ive pulled out the front ashtray looked in the glovebox, took apart the gearstick surround, its hiding from me i know it

5. Ewok

Ewok Member

On my 2000 A6 the diagnostic port is under the dash (right under!) on the far right hand side by the bonnet release.

Hope this helps.

6. matt_o121

matt_o121 2.8Q

thats where it is

7. selv2.8quattro

I got it cheers mate i just didnt see it there

8. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Why couldn't this thread have been posted a few days ago,lol.
    Spent ages on Tuesday trying to find it on the family's newly acquired 2000 A6 2.5 TDi, got a crick in the neck before it was found lurking on the right hand side , under the dash very near to the bonnet release pull.
    Have to say much prefer the location of it on the B5 A4!!!