1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to place jack stands(rear)

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Mutinyno9, May 1, 2004.

1. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

when i lift up one side of the rear of the car, i look around for a spot to place a jack stand, and NOTHING!! Is there a place designated for them and i'm just not seeing it or am i missing something?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. cbass

cbass Member

Ditto,
    where are they??? I was looking for them this weekend too.

4. manikm

manikm Member

anyoen?

5. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

I haven't tried anything yet, but what about on the differential? Would that hold/or be safe?

6. Markey

Markey Active Member

According to the Audi manual on my (W) A4 reg there should be marks on the side of the car under the doors where the jacking points are.

7. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

I already knew that, i need a place to put the stationary jack stands under the car so i can work under the car. Thanks for checken though.

8. Markey

Markey Active Member

they can still go there as well. You may need to put a bit of wood on the top as well so that they dont dig in.
    Or use a couple of trolly jacks.

9. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

I would feel a lot more safe when going underneith the car with stationary jacks rather than the crank jack or a hydrolic jack. I have these ramps that allow a car/truck to drive up them and works as a jack. It take it about 2 feet of the ground. I might try that if all else fails. I like your idea of a couple trolly jacks Markey.

10. Markey

Markey Active Member

What i tend to do is put two trolly jacks under each side then place the free standing ones under as well and get a tight fit, so if one fails there is a safty net, i also put bricks under as well.
    The ramps are better though i have them too, once the car is one the flat bit at the top then it aint going anywhere.
    I know what you mean though it is worring when you are under a car, you think is that safe or will my face get squashed.

11. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

I'll have to give that a try, thanks Markey