where to get the s3 rolling roaded?

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
want to get the s3 rolling roaded this weekend, where can i take it as surry rolling road cant do s3's somewhere near reading?!

jojo said:
We need an Audi rolling road session, there hasn't been one this year has it?, anyone fancy setting one up? :)

that would be nice :D

Hmm, for 4wd in the area that I know of you are looking at QST in Haywards Heather, APS in Banbury or there is a place at Castle Combe circuit. All an hours drive from Reading. Plenty of places closer, but 2wd only.

I believe Dave said there is was some where in slough, might be easier Ed!

Paramount charge £75+VAT for a session including print outs. Which I think is too much.

They do have a proper rolling road though, and its a proper accurate one too.

Plus, Its WAY powerful, I think its a proper 1000Bhp one as they have the 600Bhp race cars on there all the time.

EDIT - How many times can I use the word 'proper'.Proper Bo!

Big Boys Toys where selling it on Ebay last time i heard!

I'll come along, I used to work for Paramount Performance, it'd be interesting to say the least...

The s3 won't run on the dyno dynamics rollers without pulling the fuse(which i highly advise not too do) or dropping the prop (time consuming) to run 2wd.
The rollers that will run s3's are dastek's or maha 4wd rolling roads.

Ryanc said:
The s3 won't run on the dyno dynamics rollers without pulling the fuse(which i highly advise not too do) or dropping the prop (time consuming) to run 2wd.
The rollers that will run s3's are dastek's or maha 4wd rolling roads.

Ryanc read the thread! ;)

Its a 4x4 rolling road!!

sorry mate but i doubt there is anyone who has run as many dyno runs with a s3 than me and on lots of rolling roads and i know that the s3 won't run on a dyno dynamics 4wd rolling road,the car just won't stay on the rollers due to the haldex switching power hence why i said you would have to run it in 2wd ie pull the haldex fuse or drop the prop.
Out of my own time a have located a RR fairly close to reading where the car/s3 will run fine and gives accurate figure.
Power engineering, http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/acatalog/home.htm
go here ed don't waste your time and money trying the other

I've been to Power Engineering, its a good one.

Its not close (Uxbridge) but its within an hour and I reckon their prices might be better too...

I know of a new rolling road in KENT well I say kent its off the A28 near Canterbury, Think that its called RACING CHARIOTS went there in the S3 but couldnt get a proper reading from it i.e it said that I had over 314bhp at the crank and about 185 atw, Ok the crank reading was way off but the atw was obout the same as the results that I got from QST, When it was done QST gave me figures of 252 bhp ,184 atw.
Could some one in the know please tell me why this RR shown such wrong BHP readings,Know that it is a new RR but it had been runnig all day in 2 wheel form and had been giving accurate results but as soon as my S3 went on we could not get and proper readings.
Any help would be warmly greeted.
cheers .

Seat Cupra.net are doing a group day at Racing Chariots that you mentioned Mintie. It's on Saturday 13th October - same day as Audi Driver International at Castle Combe. It is £30 cash for 3 runs.

hi mintie ,it is because of the haldex system ,basically it's shifting power from front to back trying to gain traction. The maha and dastek 4wd rollers seem to to be able to produce a ramp rate that enables the haldex to believe it's driving in a straight line.Either that or drop the prop and run in 2wd or pull the haldex fuse which i highly recommend you don't as it can break the haldex diff.
most remapped s3's produce 185-190atw my ihi'd s3 produced 260-270atw
my evo produces about 260-265atw.

thanks ryanc from what you have said ill cancel and go to power engineering i think! call them tomorrow!

Good choice mate,did you ask the guys at paramount if they had ever tried to run a haldex equipped car? Anyway i'm sure it will be cheaper at power engineering and you know they can rr it no problem.

Paramount wont be used to Haldex equipped cars, they normally do proper 4WD cars...

Ryanc said:
sorry mate but i doubt there is anyone who has run as many dyno runs with a s3 than me and on lots of rolling roads and i know that the s3 won't run on a dyno dynamics 4wd rolling road,the car just won't stay on the rollers due to the haldex switching power hence why i said you would have to run it in 2wd ie pull the haldex fuse or drop the prop.
Out of my own time a have located a RR fairly close to reading where the car/s3 will run fine and gives accurate figure.
Power engineering, http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/acatalog/home.htm
go here ed don't waste your time and money trying the other

Oh opps this is getting far to confusing! :readit:

Sorry

When we going the Uxbridge then Ed?

oops i had my new s3 rolling roaded a few weeks back and that was on a 2wd rollers, and it looked to me like they just un plugged a lead a the back, hope this doesn,t effect the diff.:sadlike:

They pulled the fuse to the haldex,it's not good to run it like this,hopefully no damage was done.

it is fine to run a 4wd Haldex car on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road, however you need to be sure the operator selects the correct tranmission mode and the car has the later version of haldex software

it is possible to run a 4wd car in 2wd mode be removing the fuse, the oil will not be flowing around the rear diff and people have commented that the oil could overheat. Lots of people do do this and as long as you don't have the car on there for a long time the oil will not get hot

The Haldex is not a true 4wd car, it is really a 2wd car that sometimes goes into 4wd mode. Make sure the operator uses the correct transmission type