1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get a plate made up?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DaveMK^, Mar 23, 2008.

1. DaveMK^

DaveMK^ Member

Hi All,

I should have my private plate documents arriving soon so I'll need to get some plates made up any suggestions on where to go for this?

Thanks in advance
  2. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Anywhere should do it mate

Mind you, I always get mine done at the local Audi dealer just so thier audi plates. If not anywhere online will do it so you have the plates there before the doccuments ;) http://www.platemania.co.uk/ are meant to be quite good if you want standard style acrylic plates, or http://www.platemyride.com/ if your after pressed alloy 'show' plates
  3. DaveMK^

DaveMK^ Member

Thanks Bud.
  4. DaveMK^

DaveMK^ Member

how much do they charge? Might pop down there this tues, are they there on Tues?..
  5. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member

I've just had a set delivered from www.no1showplates.co.uk for £15.99 and am impressed with the quality. I can't believe how much fresher a new set of plates makes the car look as well!
  6. RicardoAudi

RicardoAudi Member

Make sure you get PostCode put on as it's an MOT fail if you don't. One of the Police Guys at work has just had his PP's transferred and Halfrauds didn't do it!!:wtf:
  7. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Halfords plate have the head office postcode reflectivly etched onto the background... I know this as I worked for them when it was all rolled out

Ive never had an MOT fail because of the Postcode not being on there, plus they have to prove that you got them made up after the legislation came in (otherwise everyone in the UK would have to change their plates!) So cant see them kicking up a fuss about it. For as long as they know, that persons owned that personalised plate for years with those acrylic plates
  8. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

I've just bought some personalised plates for mine, think i'm gonna go with these for show...

[​IMG]
  9. RicardoAudi

RicardoAudi Member

Postcode thing on MOT's is new . Halfrauds in Wales printed a set with no code on for my PC colleague!!:drag:
  10. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I had our 51 Avant fail for no postcode on the original Audi plates. The law has been there since 2001, but is only just being enforced from Sept 2007, and only effects vehicles built from 2001 onwards. You also need the BS kite mark on them otherwise it's also an MOT failure. Good to see vehicle safety is finally being taken seriously!