1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find ignition live wire?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by kazino21, Jan 28, 2005.

1. kazino21

kazino21 Member

Hi guys just wondering where I can find an igntion live wire in the car, it will be used for my head unit and also my battery relay (i have an optima in the boot).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Some A3's don't have an ignition live at the head unit (depends on year), it'll be the yellow wire with a red stripe, 3rd along from the ground wire on the power ISO into the HU. If there's no wire there then you need to take a feed from the fusebox. Look for Radio (S-Kont) in the handbook it's fuse 10 or 30 IIRC. I posted the instructions a while back but the search feature doesn't work since the rebuild so I can't find it. It was called "no ignition on".

4. Andy- i saved it for future reference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,10,15,105,200,900,1000&Board=ice&Number=54622&Forum=ice&Words=ignition%20wire&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=54622&Search=true#Post54622

5. kazino21

kazino21 Member

Thanks guys will work on it tomorrow.

6. sjokolademelka

Did any of you guys do this one?

I'm after the same thing, found out that in my 2001 A3 I have fuse 37 as S - Contact...

Would this be the one?