where to buy non gen vag-cable ?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Anyone of you guys know where i can get a vag-com cable from,i mean off which seller on e-bay?

Its pointless me buying a genuine one as it probably gets used twice a year.

ive heard alph bid are selling good ones but if any of you know off better let me know...thanks !

I might be wrong but if the picture in your avatar is an A4 then I think you need a CAN capable cable in which case it has to be genuine, the trial software/ebay cable does not support CAN. Micro CAN is the cheapest option.

Last one i had has been lost,that was from hongkong it did my 2002 a4 and it lasted me 14 months !

not you two again! lol

guilty as charged, but seriously, why buy a car for fair few thousand then be tight on a diagnostic cable for £150, I mean really, then you say it goes wrong, you complain you cant do jobs or access modules etc etc, time is money at end of day & the amount of money gen cable has saved me since I got runs into the thousands, take the advice buy a gen one for gods sake cause the day you need it for that one job the gen can do & your cheap wont you'll be cursing, 100% you will curse, lol, lol

Pretty much all of them on ebay are the same... all are cheap copies, so id say get the cheapest. If you know what your doing it will do most things a gen cable will do.

Mine does me fine, ive coded keys, cleared/read fault codes, basic settings and changed long coding etc etc...

£260 is a bit rich at the mo for me

Im hoping to get a gen cable sometime so i can work with can cars and use the latest software, but for a cheap option to get you by suits me.

I may actually buy one next week if i can convince someone to go halves. Can someone give a quick summary of what i would gain from getting genuine, apart from having a reliable cable? ie what does the new software give you over 409-1?

Cheers

If people don't support the developers then who will be there to develop the software? You'll get excellent support from Ross-Tech too.

And if Ross-Tech didn't make the software available as shareware, there would be no discussion about the "cheapest" cable. There would only be one option - genuine. :sign_plug:

VRStu and NHN, we thank you for the kind words.