Where to buy: cat back non res miltek?

g60leigh

Reaction score
As the title says really.
Please can anyone suggest the best place to order a cat back non resonated miltek system?

I finally get my management bonus tomorrow and it's burning a hole already.
I have had a search online and so far have found the cheapest to be Awesome GTi at £480 inc.

Can anyone suggest any wildcards I haven't thought of?

I've tried :
Awesome
Psi
Demon tweaks
Google shipping
Fleabay

Plus a couple of randoms google has thrown in

Thanks all. :)

That's very cheap if it is inc VAT. Cant find one new for less than £530inc anywhere else.

£480 is the cheapest I've seen from awesome if you find one cheaper let me know!
Wonder if we could get some discount from somewhere if we got a few of us together?
Just a thought?

I think that may be a mistake by Awesome,
i too have seen the one they list for £480.35 But they also have it on there for £528.38.

I can vouch that awesome's work is solid. Got mine done a few weeks back and the quality is superb.

Thanks mate. But it is just to supply the exhaust. I'm going to spin the spanners myself.

Wildcards ...i scored big time a few months back picked up resonated miltek cat back for my S3 from local scrappy ...my aprentice had been down rooting about at lunchtime and phones me saying theres a miltek for a a3 quattro lying on the rack will it fit yours...****aye...i couldnt have got down there quicker.....took it into office..guy behind counter was like not much of a market for those...whats it worth? ....i said dont no playing dumb ....what you want for it... £40 ...i couldnt believe my luck ....
Got the cash oot quick think he realised it was cheap ...he says bet that cost a couple of hundred new ! im thinkin "and the rest" lol
Small ding in small silencer even had joining section and the proper clamps minted ...best find ever !...keep your eyes peeled

I'm never that lucky lol. Don't have any decent scrap yards around here anymore.
I've gone ahead and ordered it from Awesome.
Just wait for it to come now and see what fittings it comes with. Then straight on the car :)

£40! that is unbelievable, that would never happen to me!
G60leigh let me know how you get on and what fixing etc it comes with and your opinion of it and I might have to bite the bullet and get one ordered

I'm never that lucky lol. Don't have any decent scrap yards around here anymore.
I've gone ahead and ordered it from Awesome.
Just wait for it to come now and see what fittings it comes with. Then straight on the car :)

Excellent! :)

Should come with a Reducer pipe and a clamp set. The only thing they don't usually come with is the rubbers.
Might be worth replacing them whilst doing the job! :)

Do you know if awesome sell exhaust rubbers? Either standard or poly?

Also I noticed on the miltek web page that the suggest assembling with high temp silicone. Does anybody use this instead of normal assembly paste?

Thanks.

Last edited:
you should be able to nick a bit off any local exhaust fitters mate, its pretty good stuff tbh, when i had my gti6 i had a scorpion catback and its started blowing slightly at the join with the cat, cost me a fiver for them to pull it back slap loads on there and check it again, all whilst hot aswell, never had a problem after that

Well it has arrived today and I'm working a pigging back shift.
Hopefully get a decent day tomorrow weather wise and I'll get to spin the spanners and get it fitted.
I can't wait to hear and hopefully feel the difference.

I'm wondering if I'll feel / hear an even bigger difference as I have the b5 tip n cone combo fitted already.