1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy a replacement quarter panel (bodyshop people)

geordiegooner Jul 12, 2013

1. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

hi
    ive recently bought a 54 plate 5 door sportback that is light accident damage to the o/s quarter panel I haven't had time to try audi yet for a price but does anyone else know were I can buy a quarter panel even an oem item.

2. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Active Member

lots of breakers out there that will cut to your sizes and alot cheaper then dealers

3. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

most ive tried want £200 + for one plus postage! ive no idea what the price of these are as im a ford man and this is my first audi and a bit of a shock how dear parts are.

4. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Active Member

Where you located

5. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

Near to Newcastle upon Tyne

6. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Active Member

Round here in manchester there's plenty of breakers and I'll tell you that they are each to their own in prices some are extremely cheap so I think a day trip is in order :)

7. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Loads or a3's for spares on ebay

8. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

Tried loads on eBay most will cut them off but want £200+ then delivery on top of that .i bought one for a focus st when the car was only 3 years old and it only cost me £100.

9. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Active Member

Being totally honest it all depends on how much of the panel you want and where you want it cutting from but the going rate is 150-200

10. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

I've just been told about a place local to me who supply audi with panel ect so I gave them a ring and for a brand new quarter panel it only comes in at £271 so I've got one on order .happy days

11. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Active Member

It will be a copy part that I would have rather gone for a oem second hand one to be honest :thumbup:

12. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

It is a oem part they supply parts for audi,seat,vw ect the body shop that's doing the work told me about them .

13. Yolo_8p3

Yolo_8p3 Active Member

I highly doubt it at that price but when it arrives the part no will be the tell sign:thumbup:

Should have tried Tps see what there prices were like?

14. geordiegooner

geordiegooner New Member

£271 was from tps audi want £301 for the same part from them!