Where to buy a new car battery from

clcollins

Reaction score
Hi, I need a new battery for my A3 1.9 TDI Quattro, does anyone have any advice on where I can get a good quality battery at a fair price from?

Thanks in advance

Last one I bought was from a scrappy... If you've got a good one near you they'll have a stack of them and will let you choose (offering guidance on size / specs if required). I was just looking for something as big as I could get away with on the tray of my mrs' 8L. Ended up with a rather spanking Exide one, sealed maintenance-free job which could not have been any more than a few months old. I think it cost £20 plus a Vodka and Tonic for the Treasury; it's never missed a beat.

Come to think of it, the one I had before that was from a scrappy too - I went in and asked for the biggest meanest thing they had - got a mahoosive one to go on my old B5 (Diesel with Aircon), again for between £20 and £30; and still going strong a couple of years later...

Of course you might be dead-set on brand new, but I thought it worth a mention...

Regards,

Rob.

A few years ago my Mondeo required a new battery; the problem was I was miles away from any garage or Halfords. Got the AA out to start my car who confirmed the problem, then told me he didn't have the correct battery in the van. I decided to go to Partco, so he followed me to installed it. He told me that he would have got it from there anyway.

It may not be their main supplier, but it seems Partco is the place to go if the AA need to source batteries quickly.