1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where should my RNSE code be?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by One Spoke, Sep 14, 2010.

1. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

Hi all.

I've read the manuals and done a search on here, but can't find the answer.

Presumably there is an RNSE code provided to the first owner (2007 S3 by the way)? I bought it used last October from an Audi dealer and have all the manuals etc. but for the life of me I can't find the code. There is no perforated card missing from the handbooks, so not sure where it would have been originally?

I rang Audi and they said I would have to take the car to them so they can remove the RNSE and get a serial number off the back before emailing Audi for a code!!

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to offer.
  2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

It's in the first page the cover page of the manual on a removable card
  3. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

Looks like someone's removed the whole page at some point then, as it wasn't there when I looked earlier. Bugger!
  4. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I didn't get a code with mine, providing you don't fit the RNSe to another car you wont need the code as the unit remembers your cars chassis number.

Complete ****, they can read the units serial number with their VAS system and retrieve the code from Germany.
  5. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

Thanks John. The rnse came factory fitted to my car so what you have said will make my day if the bodyshop disconnects my battery!
  6. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

as john says if its your rns-e you dont have to worry, and furthermore there are ways around the pin code too
  7. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

Thanks for the confirmation.