1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where should i mount my cross overs? (audio)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_BARA, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Hi,
    Im in the process of installing 5.25" focal splits in my a3, wheres a good place to mount the cross overs? i was thinking maybe inside the glovebox in the hidden compartment, but that would mean i have to run the speaker wire from the drivers side all the way to the glovebox... where have u guys fitted your cross overs in your a3s?? any tips? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

also, how hard/easy is it to pass the speaker wire through the door grommet?

ps, its a 98 model...

any help would be appreciated!

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Add7

Add7 Member

il need to know this soon, so any help would be good! tha\nks

3. neil.c

neil.c Senior

Stick them to the inside of the door card there is plenty of room.

4. may i add, my crossovers are much bigger than that! they're the box style ones, about 12 cms long, 7 cms wide and 3 cms deep...

this is really holding up my installation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Markb

Markb Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BARA said:
    may i add, my crossovers are much bigger than that! they're the box style ones, about 12 cms long, 7 cms wide and 3 cms deep...

this is really holding up my installation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mount them in your boot and run wires from the boot and through the doors to them.

That's what I will be doing.

Otherwise mount them in place of the holders in the doors.