1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where is the central locking pump

Boggle May 28, 2010

1. Boggle

Boggle Member

hi peeps quick Q here just want to no where the central locking pump is on my audi a3 1998 1.8t sport

2. Boggle

Boggle Member

sorry forgot to ask will it need programing when i fit the new one

3. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

The pump is in the cubby hole above the rear passenger wheel in the boot. It is covered with foam and has a cable tie round it.

If you get a new pump you will need it recoding to have any of the features you have at the moment.

4. Boggle

Boggle Member

cheers mate got it out opened it up and think think i can just recon this one should i plug it back in so it don't need recoding

5. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

If you re-use your pump it wont need recoding. You can get the recon kits on ebay somewhere.

6. Boggle

Boggle Member

ok found them ordering one if you lot i will take pics and how to re-con the pump step step thing if you want let me i can do it by pics or video pls let me cus if its not need i would just like to do it without making it will be alot faster but i don't mind if it is needed

7. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

There was a guide floating about on this site a while back but I cant find it so if you can do a picture guide it will be very helpfull.

8. Boggle

Boggle Member

will do as soon as i get my parts