Where is the 710 located exactly?

jazzyc

Reaction score
ok

i have my new 710 for my 1.8T sport but where is the old located so i can swap them over

Im prety sure its the same as the B6 down the front left of the engine (if facing the car) just at the bottom/back of the radiator. I just done my B6 a few weeks ago and it was a right pain. Better to go in from the bottom if you have ramps.

hmmm not sure its the part i have just ben looking at then.

there is a large rubber hose that comes off the air box and the bit i was looking at is there. the only thing is hat the new 710 has an outlet n the top of it but my old one dosent

Yeah I know where your looking, its not that. Its directly below that further down the bottom of the car. Do you have any grills in your bumper? You may be able to see it through there. I can on mine but mines B6. Im sure its in the same place though.

all i can se through the ower grille is a radiator.

its not this bit then?
04072007150.jpg

ts the only thing i can see that kinda looks like it

thanks buddy that was a great help. I couldn't see it beacuse of the sheild underneath. Got it sorted now but was a bit of a pig of a job with just a trolley jack to lift it up.

anyways, should i now get a bit of the typical dump valve noise?

didnt really sound too different when i was reving it up

Nah it wont sound any different if its just a stock 710

jazzyc said:
anyways, should i now get a bit of the typical dump valve noise?

didnt really sound too different when i was reving it up

as petewon said it wont sound any different, but not beacuse its stock, u need a open filter/induction kit to be able to hear it.

so you mean fit a k and n or drill the airbox?

Might seem daft but is it possible to fit these the wrong way around? just having doubts allthough i am pretty sure its the right way:think:

Gotta say that its not really that different to drive, maybe pulls a bit cleaner but still feels a bit stuttery lower down

jazzyc said:
so you mean fit a k and n or drill the airbox?

Might seem daft but is it possible to fit these the wrong way around? just having doubts allthough i am pretty sure its the right way:think:

Gotta say that its not really that different to drive, maybe pulls a bit cleaner but still feels a bit stuttery lower down

i wouldnt drill the airbox but thats just me, you could fit a open cone filter, but its not really going to give you any more power, just a nice induction roar, and then you would hear your dv! only worthwhile if you make a nice heatshield for it as you know it sits right near/above the hot turbo, a decent cold air feed from the lower bumper grill would also be a good idea.

the link i stuck up in my previous post is the correct position for the diverter valve. you would only notice a difference if your old one was past best.

if it feels a bit lumpy down low, esp on part throttle, that could mean your maf (mass air flow) sensor has seen better days. vagcom is your friend. and the search button. hth