Where is my throttle body?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, hope someone can help. Now on my old 1.8SE the throttle body was right after the air filter and mass air flow sensor. I decided to take my filter out so I can clean the throttle body and I found this:

Turbo.jpg

Humm, now I'm not sure, and kind of confused, but where's the throttle body exactly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif I need to access it cause my car sounds dirty and fluttery on start up .

That looks like a turbo to me!

On my 1.8T the throttle body is at the front of the engine bay on the driver's side. I think it's on the passenger side on an S3. It's the last bit of metal before the inlet manifold (big cast thing between the engine block and the grill).

HTH

yeah was gonna say from that angle looks like a turbo?????

yeah thats defo the turbo. throttle body is located on the drivers side at the front, if its an agu ull see the throttle cable goin to it. also the induction hose comes from the intercooler in the bottom drivers side corner of the bumper

ok guys, duhh, I know it's a Turbo lol, what else would it be. ok so I'm not 100% sure where the throttle body is yet, but I'll have a look tomorrow. What pipes do I have to uclip to clean the inside with some anti-sieze compound (I think that's what it's called), does anyone have a pic of the location?

Take a look at this image.
s3_3.jpg

the throttle body is the small lump on the right of the big grey square log (inlet manifold).

Its the part with the small pipe connected to it.

Folow the "V" in "5V" down the picture.

A spray can of brake cleaner will do the job if you're just going to clean it.