Where is cheaper?

B

Boydie

I need to buy some standard interior parts for my 04 A3

just bits and pieces which have been scraped and damaged over the years - nothing major but i am a fussy guy!

ive recently bought items from VAGPARTS which i was very happy with the prices and transaction

i have been in contact with Alan there and has been a great help in finding what i need

question is, are VAGPARTS considerably cheaper than going to Audi themselves considering i would have to pay postage on the items from VAGPARTS

also, ASN memebers get a 10% discount from VAGPARTS so would this outweigh Audi?

thanks in advance :beerchug:

Boydie said:
I need to buy some standard interior parts for my 04 A3

just bits and pieces which have been scraped and damaged over the years - nothing major but i am a fussy guy!

ive recently bought items from VAGPARTS which i was very happy with the prices and transaction

i have been in contact with Alan there and has been a great help in finding what i need

question is, are VAGPARTS considerably cheaper than going to Audi themselves considering i would have to pay postage on the items from VAGPARTS

also, ASN memebers get a 10% discount from VAGPARTS so would this outweigh Audi?

thanks in advance :beerchug:
didn't know ASN members got the discount. how does one go about verifying they are a member to them?

I've found in the past that they are cheaper than the dealers - mainly because the dealer has to add their overheads to the parts. postage from vagparts shouldn't be that much, so if you buy enough stuff the delivery charge per item gets lower in effect. so it depends on what you are buying and how much you buy.

whenever i've bought parts through the dealer I've managed to get them at the trade price which is maybe 6-8%, so 10% is definitely better, but you would need to be buying something for more than £70 to make the saving over the dealer's retail price (including postage costs).

no probs marc - sound advice, thanks

you have to login to the site then phone up, give them (alan) your vag parts customer number and say you are an ASN member - easy as that

he then puts this on your account and everytime you log on everything is 10% less automatically