where does the factory sub plug in in my a3??? RACKING MY BRAIN BIG TIME

samthomas33

Reaction score
hi all, ive got a A3, the rear speakers and sub arnt working and its not a bose system. now i checked the sub in the boot and saw that its not plugged in, WHERE ON EARTH DOES IT PLUG IN??? the connector for the sub is in its little clips with not other plugs near by to plug into it i cant see any connectors for it to plug into at all..... many thanks every one :meeting:

The factory loom runs over the wheelarch (from the front of the car) then runs along the top of the tupperware enclosure in a rebate held in with clips an down to the sub plug. If it's not where it's supposed to be then the previous owner has obviously tampered with it and probably used it to run an aftermarket system or pick up the feeds to it for an aftermarket sub/amp.
If you look right at the back of the cubbyhole can you see anything - it's a red plug on a thick black cable.
If not then they might have fed it back to the void behind the rear speaker panel, which is an ideal spot to mount an amp. If this is the case you might need to remove the boot panel. The loom is secured to the wheelarch/bodywork just behind the back of the sub enclosure so you might be able to grab it without removing any panels. Can you see a cable that runs to the back of the sub then looks like it's been bent round on itself to run back to the front of the car?
This pic shows the main loom, which the sub loom is part of. It breaks out from this main loom just out of shot behind the boot panel, so it has to still be there otherwise they would've had to split it out from the main loom.
A3Hiddenscrew.jpg

Take a pic of the back of the cubbyhole and I should be able to point you in the right direction, just hope they haven't butchered the loom.