Where do you mount Nokia handsfree kit?

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Just bought an A4 Avant TDi on 51 plate, and in the process of swapping over handsfree kit from my A3T. It's all wired in now but where the hell can you mount the cradle?
Do Audi do a special mount for it as there doesn't seem to be any logical/convenient place to put it other than down by the handbrake, which is a bit crap.
Any idea's?

Mine is down by the handbrake. Can't stand things on on near the dash/radio etc. sounds odd but looks so much better and its easy once you get used to it.

Mine was mounted here when I got the car.

11050512216ls.jpg

11050512267or.jpg

No screws or any damage to the dash at all.

Me too; its the best place to actually use it. True, any car kit is not a thing of beauty but having mounted one neatly by the handbrake area on my old B5, it was near impossible to use on the move!..
The dashmount is pretty neat not needing any screws into the dash.
I have a spare A3 bracket if anyone needs one!.

Is there any way to change this adapter, as I have a ssony ericson k700i, and was wondering if there was any way of buying an adaptor for it to mount in the car?

Or is that HUGE nokia, my only option?

I took the nokia kit out and replaced it with the nokia bluetooth kit, its £65 from L8Shop.net dead easy to fit and you don't need to mount your phone anywhere. I'm currently using a motorola with the nokia kit..

Doesnt charge it or amplify the aerial though does it...

You could put any car kit in place and if you have symphony or concert, use the mute/phone +/- inputs to have the sound come through the speakers and mute the head unit.