1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you guys get your secondhand parts from??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Madmatt, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

[Oct 13, 2009]
    Guys i've been searching for ages to get a second bootlid, boot tailgate whatever you want to call it for my s3 and i really am having no luck! Where do you guys get your breakers parts from?? i've been all over this place ebay etc where else can i look??? because i would also like some facelift headlights a some point and they seem to be just as rare!!
    Anyone got any ideas???

Cheers for looking

Matt:icon_thumright:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

[Oct 13, 2009]
    These guys are pretty good: http://www.247spares.co.uk/

Is there any reason why you want another tailgate? The facelift headlights are nothing to write home about.
  4. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

[Oct 16, 2009]
    i replied to this the other day!! annoying it didnt post??

Anyways i dunno i always liked the look of the facelift lights kinda finishes the front of the car so winner in my eyes but obviously they are rare as hell so ill just chill until a set pop up!

well my boot has some wierd scratches on it that i dont understand from the previous owner i was thinking of getting them detailed out but thought i could just buy a second hand one as im not sure a detailed could correct them!

also wing mirror cap/covers/things i never see them up for sale!! would love some spares to get carboned or summin!!

Cheers for your reply dude!! ill see what those guys say if not its back to ebay!!lol

5. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

[Oct 16, 2009]
    Its pretty unlikely your going to be able to buy a bootlid and get a decent colour match I would of thought. Better of keeping yours and trying to get the scratches out imo.
  6. TDIQ

TDIQ 8L > 8P > 8V

[Oct 16, 2009]
    I also need a mirror cover as mine's cracked, but I think it's gotta wait as I've got some overheating issue that two garages couldn't solve so I guess it's gotta go into Audi :crying:
  7. jonny87

jonny87 Active Member

[Oct 16, 2009]
    theres always a few sets of mirror covers floating around on ebay mate, chrome or just normal colour ( red silver black etc) as for tailgate as ian said it would be pretty hard to get an exact match colour wise, best off sticking with your original plan and getting it detailed, be alot easier :)
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 16, 2009]
    Ebay is the place, try searching for 'S3 breaking' or 'S3 spares'. Look for sellers who are selling lots of parts for your car and try message them to see if they have one, I've had some success this way.
  9. Madmatt

Madmatt Member

[Oct 19, 2009]
    cheers for your replys guys super helpfull!! looks like ebay is the place then!! never thought to type S3 Breaking etc so im on that!!