Where do all the older A6's go?????

TonyT

Finally got my A6
Reaction score
Still trying to find an A6. Auto trader is getting hammered every-other night but not many popping up. Do most dealers fire them off to an auction when they get over a few years old?

Still debating what model to get and what engine. Heart wants a 2.7 bi turbo, head says 1.8T :search:

TonyT

1.8t i found underpowered and constantly using the turbo! Brilliant engine, slightly heavy car.
2.7 bi turbo, i thought they were imports n not uk? tho i could be wrong but i havn't seen 1 yet.
I've got a 1.9tdi, awesome power n torque! and if left alone = 55mpg!

Have a look on ebay?

evomaster3000 said:
1.8t i found underpowered and constantly using the turbo!

Ermmm a blown engine will always spool up the turbo, what car do you know that doesn't ?

Oh and the 2.7t is a UK spec car

evomaster3000 said:
1.8t i found underpowered and constantly using the turbo! Brilliant engine, slightly heavy car.
2.7 bi turbo, i thought they were imports n not uk? tho i could be wrong but i havn't seen 1 yet.
I've got a 1.9tdi, awesome power n torque! and if left alone = 55mpg!

Have a look on ebay?

the tdi is slower than the 1.8 t is it not ????

bigblokey0 said:
the tdi is slower than the 1.8 t is it not ????

Ahh yes, but way torquier and more efficient, plus nothing a lil chip n nos can't sort out! :)

what happens to a6's? simple, people just dont sell them. They're like old mercs.. people just hold on to them until they break.... plus they're not majorly popular as company cars, so theres not loads of ex-fleet ones pumped into the market every 6 months.

evomaster3000 said:
Ahh yes, but way torquier and more efficient, plus nothing a lil chip n nos can't sort out! :)

lol ok then ill have to chip my 1.8 and nos it :moa:

madvw said:
what happens to a6's? simple, people just dont sell them. They're like old mercs.. people just hold on to them until they break.... plus they're not majorly popular as company cars, so theres not loads of ex-fleet ones pumped into the market every 6 months.

this is true they are a rare breed which is good because if you look hard enuff youll find a nice example that hasnt been to the moon and back

I just got an A6 1.8T SE Avant 1999 on a "T" with FSH and 40K on the clock for £6K. I'm chuffed.

Blueone said:
I just got an A6 1.8T SE Avant 1999 on a "T" with FSH and 40K on the clock for £6K. I'm chuffed.

blimey i only paid 5k for my 2000 plate w reg 1.8 t with 57,000 on the clock

SE etc

I know they are the trim levels but is there a list of wha twas fitted to what?

OH BTW

Do audi slap a sticker on the service manual or rear boot panel with all the option codes that are on that vehicle a-la VW and older porsches? If so any one got a list of them>