1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Cars go to die.

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum (8P Chassis)' started by DAYTONA 500, Jan 26, 2014.

1. DAYTONA 500

DAYTONA 500 Well-Known Member
    Team Glacier Audi RS3

Where Cars Go to Die | Zen Garage It would be the rusting Gull wing Mercedes that i would most like to rescue and bring back to life, what car would you like to rescue out of them?.

KKM likes this.
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

4. losirob

losirob Active Member

So many nice cars , such a waste :(

HullRs3 likes this.
  5. Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze Well-Known Member

I've got to assume that if someone has found them and photographed them, then they have surely been rescued and restored.

6. manor13

manor13 Active Member

there's a good few in there i would like. I have tried in the past to buy cars wasting away with no luck as the owners wouldn't sell them mkII golf gti rusting away in a skip hire place. ford rs500 under a sheet in back garden and a porsche 944 under 2 inches of tree sap festering away. not iconic supercars but they needed saving its a waste.

7. dbm

dbm Active Member

I'm guessing not! A couple of those cars look to be in Middle-Eastern locations and I seem to recall watching a Wheeler Dealers with Mike over there and there are supercars abandoned in the street. There was some technical / legal reason why the local authorities or random people can't just take them away.

8. HullRs3

HullRs3 7th Gear

I would have the Lambourghini but something tells me it would cost twice as much as one of those just to get it working again!
    I would be better of buying the goats instead in the same picture :whistle2:

9. lee_fr200

lee_fr200 Active Member

Where are they all and why are they left? If ppl don't want them can they be legally taken?

10. Muzza80

Muzza80 Well-Known Member

I heard something about Dubai that the problem started when recession-hit ex-pats abandoned cars as they headed for the airport - partly a result of debt being a criminal offence in the UAE

11. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics
    Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon Audi S8 TDi

I'll have the XJ220 and a few others.

It is a shame.
    I've not heard many people have much luck with buying cars that appears left for years in people's drives or barns.

12. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

13. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member
    Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

Theres a website about all the cars left at Abu Dhabi and Dubai airport. The UAE, and Dubai in particular, have a serious problem with abandoned vehicles - across the Emirate there were 3,040 vehicles abandoned in the first quarter of 2012 alone. The problem started a few years ago, when recession-hit ex-pats abandoned cars as they headed for the airport as the economy was taking a nose-dive. The UAE gvernment now have powers to extradite these people back to the UAE to clear their debt.

Afew Kramer 930 Porsches in those pics.......worth a mint nowadays

#12 Brodster, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  14. h n y +

h n y + Member

very sad to see . and even more sad to see the renault 5 turbo2 in that state a car i love . i treat my turbo2 like it is one of my children .