1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where and what??? Induction Kit

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by Mcgough, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

[Apr 20, 2005]
    Where and what Induction Kit do i need or is reccomended for my 1.9Tdi, ive been told to go stainless and for the unit not to be oiled incase i damage MAF-

is the above true?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. phatgee

phatgee New Member

[Apr 21, 2005]
    Not sure at the mo which manufacturers is best. However I know from Seat and Skoda forums that the Oil based filters like K&N aren't too good for MAF's the oil knackers them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

For replacement panel filters GREEN seem to be favourite, I don't know what GREEN do as induction kits for the A4. Thinking about the same for my new A6 TDi
  4. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

[Apr 21, 2005]
    I went for a K&N pannel filter, as the induction kits are really tricky with cold air feed and i think they look messy, i prefer it all encased in black plastic! lol

Also i didn't think an induction kit wud make much difference in power on a diesel due to lower revving, thus the cheaper easier pannel filter, imho i think it does the same job and performance for less ££,
  5. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

[Apr 21, 2005]
    headr one with a kit on though and sounds pretty good, bit more power i would persume