When was Dolphin Grey introduced for S3's?

kmpowell

Reaction score
Would i be right in thinking that DG is a recent addition to the S3, maybe when they were updated to 225? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I cant find and have never seen a DG S3 on early or early facelift cars. Or are they really that rare?

Looks like i might have to stick to Ebony afterall.

Cheers

Don't know for certain whether Dolphin was introduced with the facelift or later on with the 225 spec engine.

Definitely not available on the pre-face lift model.

Certainly makes them rarer (& more desirable IMO) than Ebony.

I think you'll find that pre face-lift models are Mineral Grey, which is slightly lighter than Dolphin Grey.

- regards

[ QUOTE ]
batty said:
I think you'll find that pre face-lift models are Mineral Grey, which is slightly lighter than Dolphin Grey.

- regards

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i thought 2

You can definately get 210bhp DG cars as I almost got tempted with an early 2001 model one!!

I just bought a W reg (June 2000) S3 - via Autotrader which is in Mineral Grey. Looks very nice - and a bit different :)

Dont have the car yet - picking it up next week hopefully.

Dolphin Grey was available with the 2002 model year cars in May/June 2002 along with the facelift. The previous colour it replaced, as mentioned, was Mineral Grey. The 225 engine upgrade was done later in 2001 (November) and separately and not connected with any other changes to the options or spec.

You can therefore find cars in Dolphin Grey registered after June/July 2002 with the 210 engine and after Dec 2002 with the 225bhp lump.

Hi Colin M

I bow down to your superior knowledge of the S3, but surely you mean

"You can therefore find cars in Dolphin Grey registered after June/July 2001 with the 210 engine"

- mine's a May 2002 in Dolphin (and looks the biz!)