1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When ultrasonic cleaning injectors...

S3 Paul Aug 9, 2011

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Do people do the fuel preasure reg too?
    I was also told today ( not sure how good an idea it is ) that it would be better if i connect wires to the injectors connections and while cleaning put power to it to open/close it for better cleaning?????
    Sound like a good or bad idea???

2. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

Both are good ideas :) go ahead

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Theres a guide on youtube were a guy hooks his injectors up to a switch and a battery, he then squirts carb cleaner into them while firin them up. I just chucked the injectors and fpr into my ulytasonci cleaner, semt todo the trick :).

4. 5ean

5ean S3 Owner VCDS Map User

I dont the same as Dani.. Although i put mine through 3 washes as the first 2 washes were still brining out dirt..

5. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Is it worth doing on a 60k mile engine?

6. G60DAN

G60DAN Member

Done mine and the weekend and fpr work very well.

7. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

It might clean the quicker if you can open them with a battery but serveral cleans in the bath should have the same effect. I'd recommend doing this on any car once a year.

8. ANDYMC_TQS

ANDYMC_TQS FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

i just did both on my quattro and my mates s3 and it made a world of difference the first time but nut expecting to feel the differnce next time i do it as they wont be as bad next time. took 5 washes this time