When should you get stage 2 instead of stage 1?

coyle

From Show... to GO
Reaction score
sorry to start another boring remap thread.

Ive got a JR filter, forge Split R, hoping to get one of bill's 3" tips soon,

Would i be best going stage 1 or 2?

I thought it would be fine having a Stage 1? but i called and spoke to a guy at PSI today, and he said i'd be better going stage 2, he said stage 1 is fine with no mods, but a few changes like what i want will handle stage 2?

so im confused..

hi mate, my understanding is you need a new dv (forge 007p?), sports cat, and 3" downpipe for a stage two reamap.

what you mean custom map?
i thought they were all custom versions of each stage?

And FMIC I reckon

i think FMIC could be an investment if he's going for a new turbo... deffo worth a custom remap if he goes for the two together!

a custom remap is a non-generic map, so basically, it'll be tailored to exactly what you want: i.e. stage 1 can be applied to any vehicle, regardless of mods, stage 2 for cars with a sports cat, dv and filter, and stage 3... when u have so much money u may as well buy an s3 :-D

I got a stage one map and forge dv, I then replaced the rods having seen welly's valve/piston trophy and I now have a 3" Tip and a badger 5 custom map. The map wasnt a necassity but it made more power with it so its a personal choice.

With that done I plan to get an fmic fitted and then buy a 3" dp and miltek cat back, take it to Bill for fitting and ask him to stage two map it afterwards.

It depends how far you want to take your car, I'm quite interested to see what figures I can get out of my standard k04 before I go hybrid. I will reinforce the fmic comments above, with the 3" Tip fitted mine got hot quickly hence why an fmic will be my next mod.

I'm not sure but aren't most stage 2 maps still fairly generic? I thought You can adjust things more than you can on a stage 1 but they won't be as good as a custom map.

I never really get this "stage 1, stage 2 remap" why dont you do the mods you wish to do to your engine then get a custom map to suit.....at least then the map is tailored to the mods you have done.
Just seams like an excuse for chip companies to make more money out of their generic flashed maps and bragging rights down the pub oooo ive got stage 2 lol

thats for a ko3 turbo car not an s3.

is it? :( listing says S3, but maybe thats why it says the flange needs adjusting.
i dont want to spend like 500£ on one, might just have to go, DV, JR filter, 3" badger TIP, and stage 1, i didnt realise i needed downpipe or FMIC on stage 2

no s3 is totally different, it would need a whole new flange on it for an s3, god knows why they say that. have you got an a3, if so id go for that, cant be that bad

Nah ive got an APY engined S3, with EPS.
If i can get an s3 one fr under 200,il get it then iv gt everything i need for stage 2,
Unless PSI were right in saying i dont need downpipe.
AMDs site states you only need a cat back exhaust and uprated DV for stage 2..