When fitting Coilovers should any of the bushes be replaced at the same time?

jamo182

Reaction score
Hi Guys quick question.

I have ordered some bilstein b16 pss10s I was just wondering if any of the bushes should be replaced at the same time as fitment of the coilovers. If so what ones should be replaced? also is the WALK worth getting??

Thanks in advance James.

I would say it's a good idea to replace the top mounts on the front struts while they are off, however it shouldn't be an issue as long as they are ok.
I'd try the car out with just the coilovers first as you may not need to fit the WALK.
Nice choice in coilovers btw:icon thumright:

I did poly all round, top mounts, super pro ALK, and adjustable ball joints when the coils went on. Top mounts definately. The rest is optional however. Depends on your budget.

When I've installed my B16 I've changed the top mounts and bearings + the big bushes from the wishbones with S3/Cupra OEMs.
The new suspension is way harder than the original one, even than the sport suspension and the old bushes will wear fast.
Since you're already there it would be the best time to replace them.

When I've installed my B16 I've changed the top mounts and bearings + the big bushes from the wishbones with S3/Cupra OEMs.
The new suspension is way harder than the original one, even than the sport suspension and the old bushes will wear fast.
Since you're already there it would be the best time to replace them.

if i wanted to get the oem top mounts where can i get them from? I will probably replace bushes with power flex ones.

I can't advise about where to buy the top mounts from. Regarding the bushes, Power Flex and all other poly bushes are quite hard. These, combined with the B16 and perhaps 18" wheels with low profile will shake you a lot. You'll feel every crack in the road.
Also I think they'll need replacement sooner then the rubber ones. I went for S3 OEM bushes.

I can't advise about where to buy the top mounts from. Regarding the bushes, Power Flex and all other poly bushes are quite hard. These, combined with the B16 and perhaps 18" wheels with low profile will shake you a lot. You'll feel every crack in the road.
Also I think they'll need replacement sooner then the rubber ones. I went for S3 OEM bushes.

ok cool thanks a lot for the advice ill do the same as you then cheers

Polybushes will last much longer than rubber. It's one of the main reasons to use them.

I've heard the other way. I think it also depends on the quality of the road you're driving on.
Definitely the quality is better in UK.

Oem topmounts for me whenever I have done a Coilover swap..