When does boost kick in?

nath-w

Reaction score
I have a 99 1.8t. Just wondering what rpm the boost should kick in, and is it quite noticeable on the 1.8t as I dont really feel mine, even though car runs fine!

Might be something to do this the fact that this time last year I had a 260 bhp s3! Lol

mine kicks in about 3k mate. deffo noticable, my last car was a 400hp+ scoob :yes:

So do you think there's something up with my car, as I don't feel the turbo kick in at all!

No car is all completely standard I think.

Hmmmm, it's difficult to say then really. Boost on AGU engines can be a bit wishy washy, but you should be able to feel it really.

Annoyingly, with it being an AGU (with no MAP sensor) you can't even log block 115 to see requested vs actual.

May be worth investing in a boost gauge - at least that way you can see what the ECU is requesting, and tally it up against what you see on the gauge.

Just wind down the windows put your foot down and listen, I hear mine spool up around 1750RPM and its a standatrd AGU. And we dont get the usual lag, lag, lag, GO!!!! that you would associate with a big turbo because its only a poor wee thing :(