1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels/Ride hieght/etc

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by Cool Keith, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Cool Keith

Cool Keith New Member

[Dec 14, 2012]
    Hello all

Just a quick one (as they say) :laugh:

I'm looking to buy a current gen TT - most like a 2.0 petrol Quattro.

Just wondering - I live in the middle of nowhere in the Chilterns - the roads are abysmal round here these days. I've had to ditch the S2000 as it just doesn't work up here.

Are the alloys tough on the TT? - any to be avoided? - any spec to avoid - I need control and grip but can't handle any more osteopath bills!

The guide at UsedCarExpert is no much use - neither is Honest Johns - so I thought I'd come here.

Any advice helpful -

Best

Keith
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. dzTT

dzTT Active Member

[Dec 17, 2012]
    Head onto the TTForum, youll get better info on the Mk2 there.
    I don't really know enough about them to offer any help but the Mk1 was a good car

Dazz
  4. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

[Dec 17, 2012]
    I've a 2011 TT 2.0 petrol Quattro DSG that runs on Audi 17-inch 5-spoke V-design rims with Bridgestone Potenza RE050 (245/45) tyres in the summer, and Audi 17-inch 5-spoke trapezoidal rims (easier to clean) with Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme tyres (225/50) tyres in the winter. All good for me and no problems at all (not sure about after market wheels however, I'll always use the Audi ones.

Note: the 17-inch rims have a much better ride than 18-inch rims, much better cushioning from the extra tyre wall height and, in my view, little or no loss in grip.

And, I run the same Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme tyres on my RS3 during the winter months.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012