1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels or lowering?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by chrisa4quat, Jan 2, 2012.

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

I am thinking of either changing my wheels or lowering my dtm. What's everyones thoughts on this? Shall I keep standard 18's and get some coil overs etc?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

I love the way yours looks, I think coilovers would compliment the whole car. :)

4. chrisa4quat

Thanks. I don't know where to start tho. I know all about standard setup etc

5. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Work out what you want from your new setup, then pick a manufacturer. I think the DTM has a very nice standard ride, but needs to be stiffened up a bit. I was looking at getting a set of Teins as they are a respectable make and have numerous on car adjustments. :)

6. outsideline

outsideline Active Member

im in sort of same dilema, cant help but love the look of b7's on 19's but would i be better just sicking to 18's as standard and just moderately lower the car???

7. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Exactly the same with both of you! - I'm going for coilovers first as I think the stance may change my mind on going for 19's, I like the look of the DTMs but they are a right pain to keep clean. Also at the standard height the wheels look a little small....

8. chrisa4quat

I have the b5 spring cups to fit yet so I'll see what difference that makes. I think 19's are too harsh a ride after having them on an old 1.8T. The dtm handles great as it is too. Just want the ride height dropping so less gap

9. outsideline

yeh i think im going to do the same. what im really worried about is spending over a grand on some 19's and ruining my ride quility. the roads are terrible where i live, main back roads and i dont want to end up damageing some very very expensive wheels due to a freak pot hole???

10. Marrow

Marrow Member

B5 caps with h&r sport spings better than std ride comfort and nice stance i have the springs on my avant and caps will be fitted this month just to bring front down in line with the rear. I also have dtm wheels spaced 10f 12r.

11. chrisa4quat

I could do with some spacers for mine. Looking at new wheels tomorrow just in case I change my mind haha

12. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Lower it, 18s look fine when lowered, check out some of the pics of mine plus the rubber is cheaper on 18s...

13. outsideline

Whats these b5 springs cups?????

14. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

Just did thespring caps on mine the se is a bit stiffer anyway looks good with the spacers all round ,still on standard s lines 18 atm but would like some s4 avus 18 s later in the year and keep the s lines with winter tyres on.

15. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

Lower it and get spacers :yes:

Damian @ DPM Performance

Phantom_A4 likes this.