1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels on trackdays...

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by DuncS3, Jan 5, 2003.

1. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

[Jan 5, 2003]
    I have noticed a few people mentioning having a spare set of wheels for track days - I was wondering why?

The only reason I can think of so that you can easily use a different set of tyres?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[Jan 5, 2003]
    Exactly!
    Sometimes its fun to overdrive them and squeeeel some rubber away. I wouldn't want to do that with my new F1's.

With the low cost of 2nd hand OEM wheels (everyone seems to upgrade!)it's not an expensive option.
  4. paulb

paulb New Member

[Jan 5, 2003]
    I also have, in the past, run non road-legal rubber on the track (fine in the dry) to get more value from tyres...
  5. Joshie

Joshie Member

[Jan 8, 2003]
    After Castle Combe my front F1's were scrubbed to hell. Since then I have had to replace one when I kerbed the car at speed and took a chunk out of the tyre. I now have two gooduns on the front and at the back one is a little scrubbed. Gonna live with it and change all 4 at once - the prices I've seen quoted on this site are great.

But for my next trackday I have the old Avus 17" wheels with Bridgestone SO3's - only slightly worn so I'm thinking about using these. If it's wet they also handle better than the GSD-02's which I have aanyhow.