Wheels, Offsets, too much maths!!

ZapCity

Reaction score
Hi,

Losing the will to live trying to work out what effect some new wheels would have on my car (2.0TDI Sport)!!

My current set-up is standard 17" star alloys with 215/45 tyres (7.5" rims) with offset of ET54 (I think).

My thinking is that if I fit 18" RS6's with 225/40 tyres (8" rims) with ET43 (from an A6 having a wheel change), then the position of the outside edge of the wheel will extend an extra 17mm 'out' towards the arch (compared to the current set-up).

Could somebody verify this thinking is correct before I take the plunge.

Also, I've read some contradictory reports on whether this will look good or not. Anybody got any experience?

I know I will have to lower it afterwards anyway (probably with the Eibach spring kit or similar), but really wanted some verification from anybody who may have done this before me.

Thanks for any feedback.:thumbsup:

Agree, the wheels will stick out further. IIRC if you go much lower than ET42 you may run into rubbing problems, but by then the wheels will probably be too far away from the arches which may spoil the look! Also bear in mind that these would be at greater risk of kerbing, so be careful.